Sponsored

Beefcake Racing BL Fabrication Install 2018 Mustang GT

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
New updates on our 2018 Mustang to share.

I think the way we separate ourselves is being very well rounded compared to most vendors. Most vendors don't do work or installation, and alot are tied to one or 2 brands.

So far for the 15 up mustang we have done a vortech, a whipple, and a hellion sleeper on our shop cars and had great success with them all. Over the holiday season we moved quite a few of the BL fab kits. Wanting to become more familiar with them, we decided to pull the vortech off the 2018, and put one of the BL Fab single kits on.

We had BES go through the engine and make sure everything looked good on it still and picked it back up 1.5 weeks ago. My partner Brian @ Finish Line got to work on the getting everything in. We like things to be as clean as possible, so we opted to make a few changes that aren't necessary, but I just wanted from a bling standpoint.

We relocated the pcm, this is not for the weak minded. Every single wire needs to be spliced, and then rewired to the appropriate connector. You want to take your time, and make sure they all match up and have a great connection, only takes one to keep everything from working correctly. We had a custom 5ft 02 extension made so there were not any splices or multiple connectors for our wideband reading as well.

We also added a bung on each side of the intercooler, so that we can measure before and after boost readings for efficency readings.

We got everything mocked up and then sent the car via flat bed to our fabricator at Rogue Race cars. We made custom mounts for the radiator and intercooler, to give us a litlte more room, and make everything fit ultra perfect. We have a Double AA k member on the car, and we just added on to it. Rob also welded on a lower brace to the lower bumper to the intercooler to keep everything ultra stable at 160-180mph. His welds are incredible.

For the intake, we opted to so with a Shauns Custom alloy that we offer. With doing this intake we also had to redo the pipe from the intercooler to the TB. Mat @ BLFab sent us their ultra sweet coupler, so we incorporated it as well.

I think the kit turned out awesome, and we should have it fired up tonight, we have a litlte more wiring to do with the boost controller and run the tranny lines as well.

Here are some pics of where we are at.

bl12.jpg

bl11.jpg

bl10.jpg

bl9.jpg

bl8.jpg

bl7.jpg

bl6.jpg

bl5.jpg

bl4.jpg

bl3.jpg

bl2.jpg

bl1.jpg
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I wish they'd do a non side exit version for the less hardcore people, lol. I went with On3 single for that reason. This kit is made for some serious power though.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Really nice build.

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
EPA karens going to be upset........ LOL!

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Beefcake , can you post some photos of where you put the ecu ? I just ordered my kit from you couple weeks ago. waiting as patiently as possible for its arrival lol. I'm trying to get some things done according to their guide and the guide is extremely vague on this situation.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i put it behind the battery tray, basically our guys moved every wire 1 by 1 and relocated the pcm, didn't have to be done, but just make more room up front

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
i put it behind the battery tray, basically our guys moved every wire 1 by 1 and relocated the pcm, didn't have to be done, but just make more room up front
Ya that's a lot of work lol ...... thanks for the quick reply

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
beefcake Wait, I got a few more Questions while your online, what size turbo did you go with and hows that little fan keeping the engine cool? they show a different fan on their website that has a full shroud but everyone's build pics show a half shroud?

Sponsored
OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we added 2 extra small fans, i have 3 total!!

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
88/88, getting ready to move to a 94/101

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Thank you

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
My 15 was a single turbo system i built and i ended buying a hellion shroud to use the factory fans because nothing else worked !
Sponsored