Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Any one know what the chassis code of

TTR006.

I know the R is for the Gt350R

What is the TT for?
Tool trial. Why?

Wait for it.... wait for it....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That could be potentially another very rare car. If you are interested in it, I would get a photo of the door jamb ID sticker. It would have the date of manufacture. From there you could verify that it is indeed a TT car.

There is another car in OH that is strikingly similar. It could be the sister car of the car you found. It is TT005, a grabber lime GT350R. It does not have the R designation in the chassis plate, but the door jamb sticker has been authenticated to be accurate and correct.

TTR006 has less miles than TT005 and could be a buy if you could wiggle it away from them for a good price. Keep in mind that these cars were before general production of the '20 run. They are extremely rare. Most TT cars are destroyed and usually are not allowed to be sold for public consumption. PP cars do get out, but the TT cars are a holy grail. Now I see there are two of them out there.

There probably isn't a warranty with these vehicles. It is not a normal production vehicle. I suspect someone screwed up and sighed them off to be sent to auction,. Probably Manheim in Detroit. If I were to buy one of these, I would insist the dealer provide a high milage and long term warranty.

Anyway, these two cars are a very rare find. I SUGGEST you seriously consider THESE COOL AND TERRIFIC CARS.

TT005:
https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1FA6P8JZ4L5549988

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
To add:
I looked at the carfax for both vehicles. Both were corporate fleet vehicles (reading between the lines.... Ford) and both had the same approximate dates. It would be reasonable that both are legit TT cars. TT006 would be my first choice based upon the numbers only. If I was interested in on of these COOL AND TERRIFIC cars, I would make it a point and go see both of them. The lower miles would certainly gain my favor if the car was right.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I noted an irregularity on TT006. The rear decklid finish plate has a non R badge. It should be red. If anyone buys this car, get the dealer to supply you with an R finish plate. (image 16/41)

Grant4514b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2020 GT500
That could be potentially another very rare car. If you are interested in it, I would get a photo of the door jamb ID sticker. It would have the date of manufacture. From there you could verify that it is indeed a TT car.

There is another car in OH that is strikingly similar. It could be the sister car of the car you found. It is TT005, a grabber lime GT350R. It does not have the R designation in the chassis plate, but the door jamb sticker has been authenticated to be accurate and correct.

TTR006 has less miles than TT005 and could be a buy if you could wiggle it away from them for a good price. Keep in mind that these cars were before general production of the '20 run. They are extremely rare. Most TT cars are destroyed and usually are not allowed to be sold for public consumption. PP cars do get out, but the TT cars are a holy grail. Now I see there are two of them out there.

There probably isn't a warranty with these vehicles. It is not a normal production vehicle. I suspect someone screwed up and sighed them off to be sent to auction,. Probably Manheim in Detroit. If I were to buy one of these, I would insist the dealer provide a high milage and long term warranty.

Anyway, these two cars are a very rare find. I SUGGEST you seriously consider THESE COOL AND TERRIFIC CARS.

TT005:
Thank you for the info

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

TT005:
Why would you think there’s no warranty? My PP car had the full factory warranty, and this one will too.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Why would you think there’s no warranty? My PP car had a fill factory warranty, and this one will too.
Because it was a TT released to the public by mistake.. Those cars should have been destroyed.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because it was a TT released to the public by mistake.. Those cars should have been destroyed.
Meh... doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a warranty. If it was meant to be destroyed, or unwarrantable, how can it be DOT certified for use on public roads?

Me thinks you have asserted information that is in error, and one could certainly call and ask if the car is warrantied, which it likely is, and post it.

As for the tail light panel having the silver R... I certainly hope that ever who purchases this unique car will keep it as is and photodoc the car. The slight differences in TT and PP cars is what makes them great story pieces... stripping them of that just cause you wanna be like the crowd is disfiguring history.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well, ok then, that's interesting how you came up with that..... How did you come up with that?

Its DOT certified because it was meant to be used on the roads as a testing platform, just like all the TT GT500s that were seen buzzing around the Detroit area before the release of the car. Those cars were driven by engineers as a perk and also doubled as testing platforms. They also are built to validate the parts and assemble process. These COOL AND TERRIFIC CARS were never meant for the public.

The warranty info was SUGGESTED by your good friend. Whether it is true or not, who knows. Anyone who is interested in these COOL AND TERRIFIC CARS should do their due dilligence, just as I SUGGESTED above. Just because it may or may not come with a factory 3/36 5/60 warranty, doesn't mean you cant buy one after the fact (maybe but you don't know until you try).

And note that I said "there probably isn't a warranty with these vehicles". I didn't say with certainty one way or the another.

Edit:
As for the finish panel (that is what it is called), it certainly is up to the individual to keep it or not. I would keep it as it is, but I would make sure that they ordered and supplied the correct panel to go with the car. But it all comes down to the individual to do whatever they want.

So how you doing today Fred, you OK?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To ANY members who may wish to know the facts about this TT (tooling trial) R:

1) this car has a full warranty (bumper-to-bumper and powertrain), just as any other R you would buy new,

2) this car was not mistakingly released,

3) as you can see from the chassis plates “TT005” and TTR006, both being R cars, there are variances between these, despite it likely being the same person handing out the chassis identification numbers.

If you are interested in owning a very rare R at a competitive price, I’d seriously consider these and fugettabout the naysayers.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, ok then, that's interesting how you came up with that..... How did you come up with that?

Its DOT certified because it was meant to be used on the roads as a testing platform, just like all the TT GT500s that were seen buzzing around the Detroit area before the release of the car. Those cars were driven by engineers as a perk and also doubled as testing platforms. They also are built to validate the parts and assemble process. These COOL AND TERRIFIC CARS were never meant for the public.

The warranty info was SUGGESTED by your good friend. Whether it is true or not, who knows. Anyone who is interested in these COOL AND TERRIFIC CARS should do their due dilligence, just as I SUGGESTED above. Just because it may or may not come with a factory 3/36 5/60 warranty, doesn't mean you cant buy one after the fact (maybe but you don't know until you try).

And note that I said "there probably isn't a warranty with these vehicles". I didn't say with certainty one way or the another.

Edit:
As for the finish panel (that is what it is called), it certainly is up to the individual to keep it or not. I would keep it as it is, but I would make sure that they ordered and supplied the correct panel to go with the car. But it all comes down to the individual to do whatever they want.

So how you doing today Fred, you OK?
Few simple questions, Tom... where’s your TT or PP cars? How many, and which ones have you owned since you don’t have any now?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Few simple questions, Tom... where’s your TT or PP cars? How many, and which ones have you owned since you don’t have any now?
I seriously considered the TT car, but my stable is full Fred. I wouldn't dump my base R or my AG R or my CFTP for one. The value in those TT cars (IMHO) is the rarity and the collectability. I'm not a collector. I don't think these COOL AND TERRIFIC CARS will be serious collectibles in my lifetime. I think what I have makes me happy, isn't that what its all about? Now those "questions" you had really weren't questions, they were statements.

Who was a "naysayer" Fred? Lets see, it wasn't the OP, it couldn't possibly be you, so that leaves me, right? Where did I say don't buy this car? To the contrary, I said it is a very rare car. All I SUGGESTED was do your due dilligence.

I continue to sense hostility from you. Whatever your problem is Fred, may I SUGGEST you build a bridge and get over it. I'd be happy to stay out of your business if you would do the same.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Statement or question, you avoided remark or the answer. Doesn’t matter... we all know you have no TT or PP cars currently, or in the past, so all your statements regarding mistakes, no warranties (naysaying) were spoken in total ignorance...

My last post to you Tom. I see why people leave the site due to trolls like you who have nothing better all day to do rather than jump bones and narcissist all day, every day.

Toodles...
Sponsored