CF wheel question

FastEddie9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350R Heritage Edition, '16 Expedition, '17 Edge
When the time comes for new tires on the 350R, what's the deal with the CF wheels? The local Ford dealer doesn't want to do it. Ford Performance didn't call back. Tire Rack wasn't much help. I don't want the rims damaged. How do I find a tire shop that will handle these hyper expensive rims with care? Thanks.
Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Many owners have had theirs done at exotic car dealers IE Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren..

They are often equipped and trained to handle such wheels.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I recommend aiming for a shop that has a touchless mounter. We service a lot of local GT350R and 500 clients for their tires with our Hunter Revolutionm touchless mounter.

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
When the time comes for new tires on the 350R, what's the deal with the CF wheels? The local Ford dealer doesn't want to do it. Ford Performance didn't call back. Tire Rack wasn't much help. I don't want the rims damaged. How do I find a tire shop that will handle these hyper expensive rims with care? Thanks.
I had the same delima and of all places, ended up having good results with discount tire. Many of their shops have touchless hunter machines. Talk to the manager, explain the rims, and then see if they will take on the job under the agreement to do a joint before and after inspection of the wheels to ensure there is no he said she said. The manager at mine agreed and they did great work. If you can, it's worth it to tip your tire guy as well before he starts. I did $20/wheel...he was greatful and did it right.

OP
OP

FastEddie9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350R Heritage Edition, '16 Expedition, '17 Edge
I found a shop less than an hour away that has the touchless system and does exotic cars. The manager didn't blink when I mentioned the CF wheels. I had actually done business with this shop a few years ago and they have a great reputation. Problem solved and time to order tires.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra