Sponsored

Centri 6mt cars clutch options?

doroyce05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have 17 Gt with 2200sl and 3.6 pulley. What clutch are you guys running or recommend for this setup. The car is a daily driver and will most likely (95% sure) will not see the strip. It will have street tires maybe some 555r2 in the future. The daily commute is 80% highway and 20 percent city. I was looking into aluminum flywheel with these clutches: RST, LPX and RXT but open to other options. I'm sure I will stay at this power level for a while since it is fast enough for me.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

TeamHippo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt pp1
I have the same paxton setup as you and I went with the lpx clutch and flywheel from lethal performance. I also have the steeda 1 piece aluminum driveshaft and the gt350 half shafts. Launching at the dragstrip on drag radials, which I knew was a bad idea with a manual car, I broke the passenger side axle. Clutch held up like a champ and the axle was the weak link. I have driven a 2015 mustang with a whipple, rxt clutch and tremec t56 magnum swap and slightly prefer my lpx clutch for day to day driving. The single disk clutch will be plenty strong for the street. Good luck and hope this helps, feel free to reach out if you need advice. I had never swapped a clutch before, read on these forums and watched some YouTube videos and did it myself with quickjacks in my garage in about 7 hours.