lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
So were installing the clean side catch can on my buddy's ebm and unfortunately i didnt install mine and dont even have the car with me as a reference. question is easy, on the upr site they show this
15-16-mustang-2-3-ecoboost-clean-side-catch-can-plug-n-play-5.jpg

the end of the hose is attached by a clamp/connector the kit does not bring. The stock isnt held up by a clamp/connector, its held up by the tube itself cause it has raised edges. the kit came like this

28338710893_64141e8078_b.jpg

question is if i can just slip it in like that or do I have to get a connector/clamp like in the picture?? is the stock hose gonna cooperate coming out or am I gonna have to cut it?? has anyone installed this that can tell me?
Sponsored

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Yeah I was confused about that as well and Ended up just doing this hope it helps
IMG_3458.jpg

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Yeah I was confused about that as well and Ended up just doing this hope it helps
that looks clean. so you disconnected the thing altogether and used a screw clamp and thats it right? does the stock connector have any tricks to disconnect? or is it easy?

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Btw it is a bitch to fit it over the lip I think we heated the supplied hose or something like that we just tried to fit it as much as possible and secured it with the clamp no issues for 7k+ miles

OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Btw it is a bitch to fit it over the lip I think we heated the supplied hose or something like that we just tried to fit it as much as possible and secured it with the clamp no issues for 7k+ miles
damn here I was hoping for an easy install...

Sponsored

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
damn here I was hoping for an easy install...
It's not too bad once you fit it over the lip I think UPR could've done a better job considering the parts you get are not the same as shown which look more true plug and play when advertised

that looks clean. so you disconnected the thing altogether and used a screw clamp and thats it right? does the stock connector have any tricks to disconnect? or is it easy?
Yes that's it, to remove the stock connector you have to apply pressure to both the top and bottom and honestly I just cut mine all together I got tired of dealing with it and told myself I would just buy a new one from Ford if ever needed

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
On my 15 EB the stock hose had that plastic connector on the end (the one shown in the picture from UPR). It was a bitch to get the connector out of the stock hose, I needed to heat up the hose a lot and then pull like hell. Then the connector should slide into the hose from UPR.

EDIT: I just reread your post. Are you saying his CC didn't come with the little shiny black connector thing? If that's the case then yeah UPR messed up. But really any clamp should work. The one from UPR isn't that great anyway, it just looks nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lisandra

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Thanks all for the quick responses. Im on this right now

Bennington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot ecoboost
UPR stated to me that it wasn't supposed to come with the quick release fitting. It was a bitch trying to get the hose on without it so I heated the oem hose and pulled the fitting and installed it with a clamp on the UPR hose. 10 minute job. It should really come with the fitting UPR.
Sponsored