Cars booked on the OBERON

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
Typically, on the very day my new Mustang arrived in Melbourne on The Oberon, I received the following email from Ford.

Your Mustang has set sail

Hi MICHAEL,

Great news, your new Shadow Black Mustang Convertible has been built. It has just left the Port of Baltimore and is heading your way.

You can track your Pony’s journey as it makes its way to you. Your Mustang is on board vessel Oberon Ro-Ro Cargo, so be sure to watch it as it crosses the seas here.

With every day that passes, your Pony with the 5.0L V8 Engine and plenty of the latest tech like the SYNC™ 2 connectivity system gets that little bit closer.

To get you even more excited about your Pony, watch Part 2 of the ’Making of the US Mustang’ video series that takes you though the interior design and build of the US Mustang. If you missed Part 1 of the series you can find it here.

Comm's seriously out of whack at Ford, to state the bleeding obvious!
Sponsored

Last edited:

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
latest tech like SYNC 2 ? :confused:

idiots

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
well that car has been discharged and prixcar are picking it up today. Now the wait for the car to be delivered. Roughly how long does this take?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
well that car has been discharged and prixcar are picking it up today. Now the wait for the car to be delivered. Roughly how long does this take?
2 to 3 weeks from arrival at the port.

Sponsored

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Re Mustangs on the Oberon

I received an email from Ford yesterday advising that my Mustang was now being shipped on the Oberon Ro-Ro Cargo and had left the port of Baltimore yesterday. However when I click on the link provided in the email whereby you car view where the ship is it shows that it is been in Melbourne already and is now heading for Perth so I am a little confused.
Is there away that I can search using the VIN to see whereabouts my Mustang is. The previous email I received from Ford Australia was back in early December confirming that the car had been built and was awaiting transfer from Dearborn to Baltimore

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
I received an email from Ford yesterday advising that my Mustang was now being shipped on the Oberon Ro-Ro Cargo and had left the port of Baltimore yesterday. However when I click on the link provided in the email whereby you car view where the ship is it shows that it is been in Melbourne already and is now heading for Perth so I am a little confused.
Is there away that I can search using the VIN to see whereabouts my Mustang is. The previous email I received from Ford Australia was back in early December confirming that the car had been built and was awaiting transfer from Dearborn to Baltimore
I pretty much bet that Ford email was late to deliver - pretty common I believe

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Hey mate, ford was a bit late with this email, but yes your car should be in Melbourne.

there is a couple of ways of tracking your car. First is the shipping company site wwl wwl tracking. This will confirm if your has been taken off.

Then there is the transport company ford uses which is prixcar prixcar e2 tracker

Hope this helps.

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hey mate, ford was a bit late with this email, but yes your car should be in Melbourne.

there is a couple of ways of tracking your car. First is the shipping company site wwl wwl tracking. This will confirm if your has been taken off.

Then there is the transport company ford uses which is prixcar prixcar e2 tracker

Hope this helps.
Thanks XR Futura. I should have good through all the posts on this thread before posting. However I do have one question with the website links you have posted. What reference numbers did you use to locate the vehicle?

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks XR Futura. I should have good through all the posts on this thread before posting. However I do have one question with the website links you have posted. What reference numbers did you use to locate the vehicle?
Too easy, for the WWL website you but your vin into the cargo ID area and the Prixcar tracking site, you just need put your vin into the vin search area.

If you don't have your vin yet, contact ford over facebook, give them your order details and they should provide you the vin in a matter of hours.

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again XRFutura. You are wealth of information.
I have the VIN and have checked I was just not sure how to use the search tools. Can see that the car was discharged yesterday by the shipping company.:)
Sponsored