CarPlay+Sat radio?

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
This has been a real head scratcher for me. Can't get the Sat radio interface when I start CarPlay but want to play the Sat radio. Is there a way to do this?
Sponsored

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
in Apple Carplay, there is a button that says FORD. That will take you back to the main radio so you can play SXM.

OP
OP
Goodwood

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Great! I will look for it! Thank you!

OP
OP
Goodwood

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
While we're on the subject of Sat radio interface, why can't I go past the 1st page of faves with the next button on steering wheel? I have to left swipe the screen to get to the next 6 faves. And, when I do that, it ends up on some rando station at that. Shouldn't we be able to go through all the saved faves with the previous/next buttons on the steering wheel as a matter of safety?

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
While we're on the subject of Sat radio interface, why can't I go past the 1st page of faves with the next button on steering wheel? I have to left swipe the screen to get to the next 6 faves. And, when I do that, it ends up on some rando station at that. Shouldn't we be able to go through all the saved faves with the previous/next buttons on the steering wheel as a matter of safety?
I have the same question! The whole idea of limiting you to 6 presets dates back to the era when presets were physical buttons. Having any sort of paging makes no sense in a touchscreen interface. You should be able to scroll through an unlimited number of favorites with the steering wheel button without ever having to swipe or change sources (that's how it works in my Volvo).

I think it is possible on the F150 sync 3 to have "mixed mode" favorites, but I have not found a way to have more than 6 favorites per source type screen in our cars.

Overall, I am really finding the sync 3 interface to be pretty bad.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goodwood

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Right. The whole idea of having previous/next buttons on the steering wheel is so you don't have to take your eyes off the road. Having to reach over to the UI and swipe to get to the next set of presets is unsafe, defeating the purpose of the previous/next buttons. Once again, when I do swipe left to get to next set of presets, it goes to a channel that isn't even one of my presets! So lame.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
You can do it with digital dash. Press the ♫ button on right side of wheel, select 'SiriusXM", then it will show the 3 different banks of presets.

OP
OP
Goodwood

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I will look for musical note button, but not sure if my car has that. I have option pkg 400A. at 100 mi, I'm obviously not very familiar with car yet.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I will look for musical note button, but not sure if my car has that. I have option pkg 400A. at 100 mi, I'm obviously not very familiar with car yet.
Just looked on Ford's website, button is not on 400a.... must have digital dash.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
You can do it with digital dash. Press the ♫ button on right side of wheel, select 'SiriusXM", then it will show the 3 different banks of presets.
That only lets you toggle between the various sources. It does not alleviate the OPs (and my own) issue that you have to swipe to get to the next bank of presets within a source. Also, it does not let you scroll through a complete collection of presets regardless of source.

The way it should work is that you should be able to simply toggle through your entire preset library, regardless of source (XM, AM, FM, etc) just by clicking with the steering wheel buttons. On my V90, I switch back and forth between my local news presets (FM) and and my XM preset stations all the time just with the steering wheel buttons. Never have to look at the touchscreen.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
That only lets you toggle between the various sources. It does not alleviate the OPs (and my own) issue that you have to swipe to get to the next bank of presets within a source. Also, it does not let you scroll through a complete collection of presets regardless of source.

The way it should work is that you should be able to simply toggle through your entire preset library, regardless of source (XM, AM, FM, etc) just by clicking with the steering wheel buttons. On my V90, I switch back and forth between my local news presets (FM) and and my XM preset stations all the time just with the steering wheel buttons. Never have to look at the touchscreen.
Try it again, my man. Once you get to where it shows the Sirius presets push the up button (or click the down one many times and you will see the selection for the other two banks of presets. I agree it should just scroll thru every preset instead of making you change banks but my solution does allow you to change banks without swiping (if you have the digital dash)

tempImage3h9YDZ.jpg

Last edited:

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I'll give it a try!

My other big peeve with the S550 digital dash is the ridiculous number of clicks it takes to go between displaying trip info and showing gauges (toggling between the "pony" settings menu and the standard settings menu). Who dreamed this up?

I still say that compared to the digital dash in my V90, the S550 interface looks like it was designed by a bunch of middle school kids ... and I may have just insulted middle school kids with that! 🤣
Sponsored