Carlisle Ford Nationals?

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Anyone gone to Carlisle Ford Nationals recently? If so how was the parking? I went 20+ years ago and one of the few memories I have of it was how bad the parking situation was. Planning to go this year with a buddy. Figure drive into town early Saturday, get a hotel for Saturday night then maybe go again Sunday or just roll out of town depending how much their is to see at the show.
Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Are you going just as a spectator? I have never parked outside the show field but there are options all over including people letting you park on their front lawns for 10 bucks or so.

If you're thinking of getting a hotel you better start looking like... right now, I'm willing to bet at least 90% of the rooms are booked up. I always book my room 10 months in advance.

OP
OP
Applied Carbon

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Are you going just as a spectator? I have never parked outside the show field but there are options all over including people letting you park on their front lawns for 10 bucks or so.

If you're thinking of getting a hotel you better start looking like... right now, I'm willing to bet at least 90% of the rooms are booked up. I always book my room 10 months in advance.
Yeah, driving my Mustang but just as a spectator. Planning to book a hotel this weekend once I get plans nailed down.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Honestly if you're bringing the Mustang just get a showfield pass and you won't have to worry about finding spectator parking. Its the easiest way to "find parking", just park on the showfield.

I brought my Mustang a couple years (during the pandemic days), I just parked in the S550 stock class and roamed the field.

OP
OP
Applied Carbon

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Honestly if you're bringing the Mustang just get a showfield pass and you won't have to worry about finding spectator parking. Its the easiest way to "find parking", just park on the showfield.

I brought my Mustang a couple years (during the pandemic days), I just parked in the S550 stock class and roamed the field.
I got a almost 100% stock Stang, would feel embarrassed trying to show it lol.

Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Go walk the truck section and see all the bone stock 6G broncos and bone stock 5th and 6th gen Explorers you'll feel much better

My car looked totally stock on the outside, plenty of others will as well. The Ranger I'm parked next to here was a friends lease

8C88C181-FB37-4269-9B04-C2088F050BCA-X3.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody cares. 98% on the field were stock.

I'm surprised the university doesn't offer their dorm rooms for lodging

OP
OP
Applied Carbon

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Maybe ill do that then. Is there a time limit on getting on the field? Was planning on getting into town at like 10a on Saturday.

Also, any recommendations on things to do after the show? Bars? Restaurants? Anything cool to see?

When I went in the early 2000s I had a 95 Thunderbird Super Coupe. I LOVED that car. Planned to keep it forever but I had an old ex girlfriend wreck it one day.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Maybe ill do that then. Is there a time limit on getting on the field? Was planning on getting into town at like 10a on Saturday.

Also, any recommendations on things to do after the show? Bars? Restaurants? Anything cool to see?

When I went in the early 2000s I had a 95 Thunderbird Super Coupe. I LOVED that car. Planned to keep it forever but I had an old ex girlfriend wreck it one day.
No time limit, many years ago before I spent the night out there I'd roll in around 11:30.

FYI the discount on "gate n go", the showfield reg, ends in 2 days. Saves you about 7 dollars I believe.

The supercoupe guys have a big turnout ever year, I know someone in that group.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I fly up, rent a Mustang (one year I rented a 14 GT500 through Turo), register it and park on the field. Works great!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Applied Carbon

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
No time limit, many years ago before I spent the night out there I'd roll in around 11:30.

FYI the discount on "gate n go", the showfield reg, ends in 2 days. Saves you about 7 dollars I believe.

The supercoupe guys have a big turnout ever year, I know someone in that group.
Just booked everything, very exited. Hope to look at some old Super Coupes, really miss that car lol. Used to be a big poster on TCCOA back in the day.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just booked everything, very exited. Hope to look at some old Super Coupes, really miss that car lol. Used to be a big poster on TCCOA back in the day.
You'll see plenty of em trust me, here is a shot of a friends car from a few years ago, you can see all the tbirds in the background

DSC_2038-X4.jpg

I'm normally over in the Marauder section

DSC_5501-X4.jpg
Sponsored