Car won't start

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Hey guys, I wanted to post this up and see if anyone had any input on this situation. Well overall my car won't start. The keys won't even unlock/lock the car with the FOB but when I am next to the car I can unlock it with the touch sensitive feature on the door handle. Then when I get in the car the car won't turn on the accessories or even start the car after pushing down the clutch. Anyone have an suggestions as to whats wrong. Would love to pick everyone's brain on the forum to see what could be the problem. Thank you.
Sponsored

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
Have you tried pressing the start button after placing the FOB in the indent below the cup holder liner?

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not sure on the mustang but a Porsche I had would lock the fob if the lock or unlock button was pressed a certain number of times in succession. In my case with the Porsche it would not unlock or start the car. Sounds like that may be your issue and the proximity feature may still be working. Try putting key under cup holder rubber and hit the start button.

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
Since the car recognized the FOB at close range, the FOB must have enough battery life to be emitting the passive detection field. I'm guessing you also tried using a second FOB? If the car wont recognize the FOB when placed below the cup holder then it would seem that the fault is with the vehicle and not the FOB as that is the fail safe. In that case.. :shrug:

Sponsored

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
Yup...check the fob battery. I know its not the same car, but had the exact same issue on my wifes Nissan Juke....changed battery and all was good

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
yeah on my 2013 5.0 the battery on the FOB died within 4 months it was terrible. Tried my second key and that was the problem

GigaHz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2012 Taurus SHO
Battery OK in the car?

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Had a similar experience on my 2013 Ford Focus (which also has push to start). It started with giving me a hard time locking/unlocking and/or (un)folding the mirrors. Tried to swap the keyfob battery etc, but that didn't make any difference. After three days it didn't want to start at all (to go to my appointment at the garage). On that occasion the battery was dead. Something was somehow screwed with the electronics of the car that caused it to draw a current all the time, draining your battery overnight. Not sure what they did exactly to fix it, but they did also update my on-board software.

PS: This occurred after like 2 years of normal use and I didn't do anything (mod wise) to the car at all.
PPS: When the batttery was (as good as) dead it didn't actually tell me, it threw me a bunch of cryptic tyre pressure errors instead.

OP
OP
Brian@Vossen

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Even when I tried starting the car it wouldn't even bring up the notification that the Key wasn't detected so I don't know. The dealer has had the car since Saturday so hopefully they figure something out

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Even when I tried starting the car it wouldn't even bring up the notification that the Key wasn't detected so I don't know. The dealer has had the car since Saturday so hopefully they figure something out
Hi Brian,

Please have the mechanics check the active clutch switch. This happened to me at the mall and it was simply the clutch switch which gives the car power came lose.

It was a simple fix.

Hope I'm not too late!
Sponsored