Car won’t start (no codes) (fixed)

Forgetaboudit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
Hopefully this will help someone. I own a 2016 Ford Mustang gt 5.0 Manual transmission(one previous owner). My car would not start for days after a cold front came in. Replaced clutch engage switch, battery, and starter. Bolts were lose on starter (not the problem for me) but worth fixing (still didn’t start for days after bolts tightened). No codes and accessories would all come on fine. It would say I had ( - - to empty ) and I have a full tank, when the accessories would come on. Just clicking when I’d try to start.... I have a really honest electrical mechanic i bring my car to. I almost brought it to dealer due to frustration. (To expensive in my opinion and to busy to really get a good diagnosis) I’m sure there are good dealership shops out there (just not near me) :) Anyway, he found the problem after troubleshooting through the battery , starter, clutch engage switch replacement. A Main positive wire going to the fuse box was terribly corroded but covered in insulation that had unnoticeable cracks. I live in Florida so lots of humidity. Owner previous tried to fix with electrical tape (It was hidden further down wire) and crimping wire to break up the corrosion I assume . Made it worse in the long run. Here are pics after removing electrical tape And insulation. Definitely the cause for starter shorting. Hope this helps

a1a7e5b1-2cd8-44bb-b443-b2622c27f40e-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored