Shdwrlmstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Mustang GT PP (s550)
Check this thread which is similar:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/car-swaying-side-to-side-at-high-speeds.115937/

It may have some info for your swaying issues.

Also, you should always be running equal tire pressure all around on a street car. Tire pressure should always be taken when the tires are stone cold. Door VCL, IIRC is 32 or 33 psi at all 4 corners when cold. When the tires heat up from driving that cold psi will also rise, slightly. You may see 35-36psi when warm (even on cold days).

I’m right next to you in NJ, same exterior temps, running equal tire psi at all four corners. If you’re running unequal psi, it’s going to cause performance issues at higher speeds, especially maneuvering from lane changes, curves on/off ramps as the body of the car rolls/leans left or right from weight transitioning.
Yo thanks so much understood I will definitely change them
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shdwrlmstang

Shdwrlmstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Mustang GT PP (s550)
You will have to run lower pressure in the back once you put those 305s on. Had staggered tires/wheels on the Terminator, 275/40 front and 315/35 rear, and needed to run 32 front and 26 rear to keep the tire wear on the rear even across the tread surface.
Thanks bro I will for sure do that

OP
OP
Shdwrlmstang

Shdwrlmstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Mustang GT PP (s550)
To have enough traction so that 500+ lbs of torque at the wheels from 2000 rpm on up won't smoke the back tires. The factory 275s just didn't cut it after putting on the Whipple.

The lower pressure in the rear is a matter of having a larger tread area in contact with the road. More area equals lower pressure to get the same contact pattern as in the front.
Very well said I was going to mention the same idea I did the same thing with my former m4 bmw I owned. What I do is slowly upgrade the car over time to ensure one upgrade at a time isn’t causing any issues to my car. At one point when I reached about 470whp I could not for the life of me keep my factory pilot 4s tires to run well with the upgraded car so i changed them the same way I’m going to for this car and it worked splendidly

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I'm a little dense sometimes. It took ruining the first set of 315s with overinflation tread wear before it dawned on me what was happening. FWIW, and to the OP's original concern, there wasn't any sway in the rear from running lower tire pressure. You should be good to go if the contact patch on the road is correct.
Sponsored