rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Just happened about 20 minutes ago while pulling into a McDonalds parking lot.

Other than the mileage and the square grid on the speedo clusters middle screen showing up, the car totally shut off. (Even the radio) Tried pressing the start / stop button while coasting and no response. Zero messages, wrench, or CEL, not even "run active" or "no key detected" messages. Car only started when I was fully stopped. Never happened before...little bit over 5900 on the clock.

Weird and kinda frustrated / bummed at the same time...such a damn hassle getting something fixed if it is indeed a problem. :tsk:
Sponsored

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Isn't there a new update for the 2015 computer if you have not yet.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
you can't restart the car until you come to complete stop right? I find this to be a bit dangerous since the start button isn't exactly shielded from clumsy hands.

that said, some other ford have issues with the throttle bodies that cause a similar problem. could be that.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
you can't restart the car until you come to complete stop right? I find this to be a bit dangerous since the start button isn't exactly shielded from clumsy hands.

that said, some other ford have issues with the throttle bodies that cause a similar problem. could be that.
There's been threads on this before. I don't believe the car will let you shut it off when it's above a certain speed. That way, accidentally hitting the button shouldn't cause a problem. At a slower speed, however, it could potentially happen but I assume the OP would know if he hit the button.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Isn't there a new update for the 2015 computer if you have not yet.
That is the first thing that I thought off...read somewhere on these forums about people stalling out and getting a PCM re-program to fix the issue. But I also believe other stalling problems did not cause pretty much the entire dash to stop functioning. I'll let the dealership know to check for updates when I take her in for its final free oil change.

You didn't slow stall the engine did you? I've done that...
Definitely not...Although I've had my fair share, :p (driving MTs for 37 years) I haven't done it to this car. (need to drive her more :cool:)

Correct...agreed but hopefully this does not occur at high speed or worse, loose control of steering and braking which in this scenario, I still had full control of the car. I would think even while coasting, I should still be able to start the car...definitely a WTF moment. As for stalling problems due to possibly a bad TB, cannot think of a reason as to why my entire dash & instrumentation suddenly went dark.

There's been threads on this before. I don't believe the car will let you shut it off when it's above a certain speed. That way, accidentally hitting the button shouldn't cause a problem. At a slower speed, however, it could potentially happen but I assume the OP would know if he hit the button.
I was executing a turn, into the parking lot when it happened. Both hands were at the wheel and nowhere near the start/stop button.

Last edited:

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Strange, had that happen to my 05 G35, but it shut off when I was on the interstate *shits pants*

It was a camshaft position sensor, bitch to replace too.
Sponsored