Sponsored

Engine wont shut off

Dortzs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, 50 yrpks.2016 Saleen BLK LB
So, my brothers, 2015 Ecoboost was running fine when he parked the car and pushed the engine shut off button, the engine would not shut off, the only way to shut the engine off was to release the clutch without pushing the gas peddle.

I plugged in the scanner, and it gave me code P025A. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Jrmr89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Mustang
So, my brothers, 2015 Ecoboost was running fine when he parked the car and pushed the engine shut off button, the engine would not shut off, the only way to shut the engine off was to release the clutch without pushing the gas peddle.

I plugged in the scanner, and it gave me code P025A. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.
Were you able to figure this one out? I have a 2016 Ecoboost and just started doing this

OP
OP
Dortzs550

Dortzs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, PP, 50 yrpks.2016 Saleen BLK LB
The dealership could not find out why that happened , but it started to have other electrical issues . After a couple of visites the dealership changed the entire wiring harnessed and all electric problems when away . .

Jrmr89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Mustang
The dealership could not find out why that happened , but it started to have other electrical issues . After a couple of visites the dealership changed the entire wiring harnessed and all electric problems when away . .
Oh wow! I hope I don't have to go through this. Thanks for the response

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Check the stop light switch... when it starts to go it causes start/stop issues when parked as well as throttle response issues at speed.

It will not throw a code, but it may flash that hill start/stop not available on the middle of gauge package. It’s a 21$ part and changes in 10 minutes.

Sponsored

BillieHorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Eco-boost
I got My 2016 Mustang eco boost 2 months ago and the car just started doing the same, so i took it to the dealer and after they changed sensors, computer, battery, start button, pump in 2 weeks, the car still doing the same. Can not turn off Any idea?? Thank you guys!

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
ive had this issue before where i tried to turn the car off and it wouldnt shut down. i just thought i hadnt pushed the button adequately. my battery ended up dying once i replaced that i havent noticed it since. it had only happened once or twice before the battery tho.

McJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang PP Magnetic
Hi guys,

I just had this issue myself, just filled up a new tank of gas and then pulled into my drive way and the engine wouldn't shut off. All of the dash and lights turned off but the engine kept running.

Pulled up codes:
P025A
U0109

I have a manual so I was able to kill the engine by stalling it. I'm wondering if y'all ever figured out what the source of the problem is. I really don't want to have to take it into a dealership as my power train warranty has expired.

BillieHorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Eco-boost
Hi guys,

I just had this issue myself, just filled up a new tank of gas and then pulled into my drive way and the engine wouldn't shut off. All of the dash and lights turned off but the engine kept running.

Pulled up codes:
P025A
U0109

I have a manual so I was able to kill the engine by stalling it. I'm wondering if y'all ever figured out what the source of the problem is. I really don't want to have to take it into a dealership as my power train warranty has expired.
Hey There!!
I had exactly the same problem and i took the car to the dealership and After 3 weeks the dealership found the issue and they said was the reverse camera, they changed , and my car never show the problem again.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just as an FYI, you should be able to shut off the engine by holding the start/stop button for about 5 seconds, even under way. It's a safety feature, so it should always work, auto or manual. Hope this helps.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
So guess what happened to me today. Exactly this issue. Car wouldnt turn off. Freaked me the heck out. I hit the button multiple times. The dash and radio would turn off but not the car. Got on my phone and did a search it lead me here. After all my attempts it finally turned off.

Just as an FYI, you should be able to shut off the engine by holding the start/stop button for about 5 seconds, even under way. It's a safety feature, so it should always work, auto or manual. Hope this helps.
And let me say this statement here did not work.
So i have read one replaced battery, another the wiring harness, and another the backup camera... Nothing definitive??
Sponsored