Sponsored

Car Ordered, Can't Track It

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
My car was ordered on 5-28 and the dealer gave me their dealer# and my order#. They even tracked it and gave me my build date (7-15) but I have no success on the COTUS site tracking it myself. System sez no matching vehicle found. Double checked the numbers with the dealer with no success.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I see. At least I am more patient in my old age.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Hey Anthony! What's up bud! Nick from S197 here! S197 GT.

When you get a VIN, let me know, and I'll help you with any info you may need on it.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I couldn't track mine until I got the VIN

Sponsored

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Anthony! What's up bud! Nick from S197 here! S197 GT.

When you get a VIN, let me know, and I'll help you with any info you may need on it.
Hey, how's it going? I guess I can get the vin # from the dealer. Ordered it on the 28th so when should I be able to get a vin?

ThatCanadianGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brit
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black v6
Hey, how's it going? I guess I can get the vin # from the dealer. Ordered it on the 28th so when should I be able to get a vin?
If your dealer told you the build date, it will have a VIN assigned to it. All you need to do is ask your salesrep for it!

Congrats on the purchase! :cheers::ford:

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
My car was ordered on 5-28 and the dealer gave me their dealer# and my order#. They even tracked it and gave me my build date (7-15) but I have no success on the COTUS site tracking it myself. System sez no matching vehicle found. Double checked the numbers with the dealer with no success.
As others have said it won't show in COTUS right away. My order took weeks before it showed up. One thing I have noticed as I've been waiting is that even after my car showed up in COTUS it will occasionally disappear. There are three instances/versions of COTUS and when is disappears from one it usually still shows up in another. I just check one after another until I find one that works.

http://www.cotus.ford.com/
http://www.cotusa.ford.com/
http://www.cotusb.ford.com/

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Welcome and congrats on your order, Anthony 05 GT! I’m happy to track it for you as well. Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number. Also, please remember COTUS is still in a pilot phase and has not been rolled out for all regions or vehicle nameplates. What you find on the site may not be the most up-to-date information.

Deysha

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Mine would not show up properly either, but it was because my dealer used the same order number for all of their custom orders (fordservice helped debug this, my car would go back and forth between not showing up and showing as a 2015 F150 :)), and I think sometimes that the "name" is the name of the salesman that placed the order. Not sure if this helps. You can also go back and forth between wwwqa.cotus.ford.com and www.cotus.ford.com, some times one will work but the other will not.

Hope this helps!

Chris

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer was supposed to email the vin # today. Gotta bust some balls tomorrow which I will do.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine would not show up properly either, but it was because my dealer used the same order number for all of their custom orders (fordservice helped debug this, my car would go back and forth between not showing up and showing as a 2015 F150 :)), and I think sometimes that the "name" is the name of the salesman that placed the order. Not sure if this helps. You can also go back and forth between wwwqa.cotus.ford.com and www.cotus.ford.com, some times one will work but the other will not.

Hope this helps!
Also, please remember COTUS is still in a pilot phase and has not been rolled out for all regions or vehicle nameplates, cbrookre. What you find on the site may not be the most up-to-date information. You’re welcome to keep checking with me.

Deysha

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Also, please remember COTUS is still in a pilot phase and has not been rolled out for all regions or vehicle nameplates, cbrookre. What you find on the site may not be the most up-to-date information. You’re welcome to keep checking with me.

Deysha
Thank you Deysha, but I was just giving the OP more options. I fully understand that it is available in a "use with risk" pilot phase. Also, my car was delivered to me 5/29 so I am good to go now! :D

Chris

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you Deysha, but I was just giving the OP more options. I fully understand that it is available in a "use with risk" pilot phase. Also, my car was delivered to me 5/29 so I am good to go now! :D
That’s great, cbrookre! Thanks!!

Deysha
Sponsored