PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What was the outcome?!
I just drove home my 2023 GT custom-ordered and am having the same freaking problem! Called the dealer and im taking her in to be seen tomorrow morning. All gears work fine except reverse. Im freaking out. Please reply
sorry just seeing this. a piece was broken and stuck causing it not to be able to go into reverse.
Sponsored

RickyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta 1.0T
sorry just seeing this. a piece was broken and stuck causing it not to be able to go into reverse.
That sucks. I hope it's working well now. Its okay thanks. It turns out my car was fine, I just wasn't pressing down the clutch all the way lol. Take care, bud.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still just concerned that Matt keeps his cars outside. :giggle:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are you sure it was the plastic pads on the 3/4 shift forks that broke off and got lodged and not the ones on the reverse shift forks? I ask that question because I just rebuilt the transmission for my 2019 Bullitt and can confirm that the pads on all shift forks, except reverse are fixed, whereas reveres are totally different. See pics below for reference.

1-6 shift fork pads look like this and can’t be removed to be changed. They appear to be extremely durable and are of course off-white in color.

1673406289135.jpeg

Reverse shift fork pads are black and shaped differently. They can pivot in the bore. Now I can see how these could possibly break. In fact, that is the reason bronze pads can be purchased for this style of shift fork. To remove the plastic pads, I simply used a heat gun, so it is possible that excessive heat could have led to their failure.

1673406487228.jpeg

Upgraded reverse browns shift fork pads.

1673406553435.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@PizzyP, would you please post a really good pic of your Ford Repair Order? I would love to see exactly which parts the dealer had to replace. Thank you.

OP
OP
PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
@PizzyP, would you please post a really good pic of your Ford Repair Order? I would love to see exactly which parts the dealer had to replace. Thank you.
i will try and find that, they did say it was a plastic piece, so who knows. the fact you say heat made it easy to remove, makes me wonder if thats part of the problem, my center console gets extremely hot at times, not sure if thats normal for these cars or not.
Sponsored