Sponsored

Car acted up today - Wrench Icon -- Help?

SSSICK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 19 Z06, 20 Bolt EV, 10 Corolla LE
My previous post ended up not holding true and I have experienced the wrench issue several more times since then. Each time it has occurred, I have been on the freeway while cruising along with the rest of traffic at 70mph. Pulling over and power cycling the car resolves the issue. I ended up finding TSB 22-2280 which describes the exact issue I am experiencing. I also found out my car has an active recall, 22E08. Both the TSB and recall involve flashing the PCM and TCM. I reached out to the same dealership who replaced my faulty oil transmission cooler under warranty last year and they told me they would have to keep the car for a few days which I was reluctant to do. I then learned from another forum member about Ford Mobile having the capability of performing software updates. I reached out to Ford Customer Care and they provided a few different dealerships nearby that offer Ford Mobile service. The first dealership I spoke to wanted to play games and wasted a week of my time (Planet Ford of Dallas) but I ultimately found another dealership (Sam Pack Ford of Carrollton) who held true to their word and showed up at the exact time they said they would. Anthony arrived, explained what he was going to do in detail, and was done within half an hour from the time he first arrived - superb service! I haven’t had a chance to get on the freeway yet but fingers crossed the issue is now resolved.
Sponsored