can't decide on lowering my daily

OP
OP

number1olddog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB lightning blue PP
Thanks for the replies guys. I went with the Steeda progressive eco springs with BMR camber bolts. This should give me the look I want.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Does anybody have issues with getting a jack under their car after lowering? I'm probably going to get the steeda progressives for my DD, but I want to make sure the car won't be too low that I can't jack it up.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Does anybody have issues with getting a jack under their car after lowering? I'm probably going to get the steeda progressives for my DD, but I want to make sure the car won't be too low that I can't jack it up.
I've got Steeda progressive springs and their jacking rails. I found a low clearance floor jack from AutoZone that works fine for me. But I'm rarely lifting the car. :cheers:

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
Harbor Freight has ramps for like 25 bucks that definitely make lowered cars mile easier to lift. If you're cheap a couple 2x4s will also work.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
I went with Steeda Progressive Sports along with everything else in my signature. My first gen BMR jacking rails scrape at certain times if I don't pull in correctly but I'd rather scrape those than the pinch weld. My AC Delco low profile jack from Oreily's fits under the car without an issue. I have to use a 2x4 on each side to get up on my Rhino ramps. I think it's the perfect amount of height now for daily, lot less wiggly at 120+.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. My brother-in-law grabbed me a black G2 kit. I might just throw some Brembo stickers on them for now. I want something to break up the calipers after they were painted and was looking for some Ford Racing brake stickers or something along those lines to put on them but can't find any, so I may just do the Brembo stickers for now, until I can grab a set of the real 6 pistons. I doubt 99% of people will be able to tell if they are Brembo or not. :D
I felt the same way about breaking up the color a bit.

No one has caught me yet! Most non Mustang fanboys assume the car has the big brake kit.

One tip, the G2 works great but it tends to get a bit gummy towards the end. Stir the hell out of it. My wife actually painted mine, while I held the can for her and stirred.

Also get a better brush. I picked up a small set of what almost looked like artist brushes in home depot. It was very helpful to have different sizes and styles.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Would the progressive springs hold up on the track okay? For the most part, mine is a daily. But for those track days, anyone have experience?

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I went with the GT350R springs for my daily driver. .6" drop front and .3" drop rear. If you want a softer ride you can go with the BMR 082/089 minimum drop spring and some PP shocks or something along those lines. A 1" drop would have been too much for me, my car just barely makes it out of my driveway with the minimal .6" drop but the improved handling and look is great.
that would be great - so to clarify the GT350R springs will fit the GT? Just want to make 100% sure

:ford:

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
that would be great - so to clarify the GT350R springs will fit the GT? Just want to make 100% sure

:ford:
Yes. I've been running them for about 2 months now. Get the normal 350R left/right front springs, BUT for the rear get 2 LEFT springs. I believe the rear left part number is fr3z-5560-x. The rear seats on the GT350 are different so instead of running a normal left/right setup we need to run 2 left springs. It works very well paired with my Koni's and with the minimal drop I'm not scraping the bottom of my car on every bump and driveway. For me this setup is perfect for a performance oriented daily driver.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Yes. I've been running them for about 2 months now. Get the normal 350R left/right front springs, BUT for the rear get 2 LEFT springs. I believe the rear left part number is fr3z-5560-x. The rear seats on the GT350 are different so instead of running a normal left/right setup we need to run 2 left springs. It works very well paired with my Koni's and with the minimal drop I'm not scraping the bottom of my car on every bump and driveway. For me this setup is perfect for a performance oriented daily driver.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate you sharing this info 2015Etrac:headbang::cheers::ford::hail:

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Would the progressive springs hold up on the track okay? For the most part, mine is a daily. But for those track days, anyone have experience?
They are awesome for daily driving and track events, will hold up just fine!
NEW PIC.jpg
IMG_2505.JPG small.jpg

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Thank you so much! I really appreciate you sharing this info 2015Etrac:headbang::cheers::ford::hail:
No problem, but I can't take credit for this setup. Bmac and a few others guys on here pioneered it. :D