Sponsored

cant decide btw borla touring vs gibson catback

xdarkox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP
I can not decide which one is better option out of this two, i want deep sound , nothing too aggressive and too loud.
Sponsored

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I think every v6 exhaust is going to sound 'aggressive' at the higher RPM's. I have the borla atak so I can kind of speak for borla. I think they all sound very similar with varying loudness. Anyway it's very deep in the low RPM's and the best part is it has absolutely zero drone.

I think a member or two have the gibson here. The videos sound good. Actually pretty similar to borla setup. I think they're a bit more difficult to install but they're more affordable.

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ingot silver mustang v6
Honestly can't go wrong with borla if you're willing to shell out some cash. But I think the touring is too tame. You might want to try the s-type from borla or otherwise called the stinger. Real deep tone

5SS0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kais
Vehicle(s)
15 Triple Yellow Cyclone AT & 15 Silver Coyote MT
I've had Gibson for about a month now and I love it man. I was deciding between Borla (atak) and Gibson too but eventually went with Gibson. I highly recommend it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sponsored

OP
OP

xdarkox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP
I've had Gibson for about a month now and I love it man. I was deciding between Borla (atak) and Gibson too but eventually went with Gibson. I highly recommend it. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hey man, thanks for a reply, I was wondering if I could do swap myself, i have all the tools and stands. Was the fitment perfect, is it just a simple bolt on.

I dont like loud exhausts, i want to gain some power with some nice tone, i dont like raspy high pitched sound, im looking for a nice and deep sound.

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
[ame]

Saw this yesterday. Older mustang but it should give you an idea on the different Borla options.

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M
I have the catback Borla Touring on my 2015 V6 and I love it. You will find a video on my web site's 2015 Mustang page here on the Oct 4, 2015 update section http://mymustang.ca/My2015.htm

Last edited:

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-spd DIB
I've got a Gibson myself. But I've got a GT. But I also had a Gibson on my 10' Camaro V6. Definitely go with the Gibson.

Sponsored

5SS0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kais
Vehicle(s)
Hey man, thanks for a reply, I was wondering if I could do swap myself, i have all the tools and stands. Was the fitment perfect, is it just a simple bolt on.

I dont like loud exhausts, i want to gain some power with some nice tone, i dont like raspy high pitched sound, im looking for a nice and deep sound.
Yes it's a simple bolt on. I don't have tools so I took it to a shop and they installed it in about 45 minutes. They said it was very easy to install and it fit perfectly. Some people here said they had some problems with the Gibson clamps. The price of Gibson catback went up by $150 about 2 months ago everywhere so maybe they improved the quality of the clamps because my shop said it was perfect.

Loudness is subjective but for me Gibson is loud but not too loud or annoying loud. It's a moderate nice loud (your neighbors will not complain). I describe the tone as very deep on idle and very sporty on high rpms. There is definitely performance gains. The 4.5" tips (best looking tips in the market) don't hurt either especially if you're going with the black option (it looks better IMO and it improves the quality of the stainless steel). Gibson costs less than Borla by about $300 I think but there is almost no drone with Borla according to what most people say (there is a slight vibration with Gibson at highway speeds but it's not annoying at all and can be controlled by going from 5th to 6th gear or 6th to 5th gear). Both are high quality exhausts. It depends on what you want because both have advantages and disadvantages but personally I'm very happy with Gibson.

Watch these videos and you will get an idea:
[ame]
[ame]
[ame]

The third one is a 2013 Mustang with a Gibson axle back but it sounds similar.

Last edited:

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
Borla Touring Catback on my 2015 V6

[ame]

5SS0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kais
Vehicle(s)
Hey Rory, did you wrap or paint your bumper?

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
Hey Rory, did you wrap or paint your bumper?
I had the rear lower valence painted in a pebble finish to match the front and side splitters.

5SS0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kais
Vehicle(s)
I had the rear lower valence painted in a pebble finish to match the front and side splitters.
Nice it looks great. I'm trying to decide between wrap vs. paint and also the whole thing like in your case or only the valence. My friend thinks wrap could get damaged due to heat from the exhaust.
Sponsored