Sponsored

Can you track your order without the VIN?

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
So I recently placed an order a few weeks ago but do not have a VIN. The main tracker shows that it needs a VIN. Is there a place to track it without the VIN?
Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
So I recently placed an order a few weeks ago but do not have a VIN. The main tracker shows that it needs a VIN. Is there a place to track it without the VIN?
If you have a DORA, which your dealer can provide, it should have the dealer number and order number. Send an email to [email protected] with those numbers and tell him that you would like the current status of your order. Be sure to include that it's an order for a new Mustang, not a parts order. Not sure if this will work if yours is not a Performance Pack car... Otherwise, I would suggest you have a talk with your salesperson.

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
If you have a DORA, which your dealer can provide, it should have the dealer number and order number. Send an email to [email protected] with those numbers and tell him that you would like the current status of your order. Be sure to include that it's an order for a new Mustang, not a parts order. Not sure if this will work if yours is not a Performance Pack car... Otherwise, I would suggest you have a talk with your salesperson.
Who is that email for? It’s not PP so I’m wondering if it won’t work

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Who is that email for? It’s not PP so I’m wondering if it won’t work
If it's not PP, I wouldn't count on it working, but it might be worth a try.

That email address is a guy named Anthony. He responds when you use the address provided on the Ford Performance site for questions about orders.

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
Thanks for this. Placed my order at the dealership mid May. Was told now it was still unscheduled at this time and to try again in 1-2 weeks. Crazy how fast things progressed for you though.

Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this. Placed my order at the dealership mid May. Was told now it was still unscheduled at this time and to try again in 1-2 weeks. Crazy how fast things progressed for you though.
I do feel lucky; I was not expecting it to go so quickly. FWIW - mine shows as a special order (green window sticker). Maybe yours has to do with your dealer's allocation, or maybe it's because you're up in the Great White North...

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
I do feel lucky; I was not expecting it to go so quickly. FWIW - mine shows as a special order (green window sticker). Maybe yours has to do with your dealer's allocation, or maybe it's because you're up in the Great White North...
Just inquired again and got confirmation that a VIN has been assigned (and that I should chase my dealership for that), and that the order is scheduled for production for the week of July 27.
Sponsored