Sponsored

Can you tell the different between 87 and 93 octane?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm probably alone in this but I never care about how much gas costs
Maybe not now, but wait until it's close to 4 bucks again, and premium is a dollar more per gallon, and maybe you will:crackup:.
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
It would have lots of low end torque. Audi also managed to make a dominant diesel racecar. If the turbo diesel Mustang had a powerplant anything like the R10/R15, it'd be pretty crazy.
I wouldn't even doubt that someone has put a turbo diesel into a foxbody. People have tried to fit almost everything into that thing.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Nope.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
It would have lots of low end torque. Audi also managed to make a dominant diesel racecar. If the turbo diesel Mustang had a powerplant anything like the R10/R15, it'd be pretty crazy.
I no joke had a dream that I was telling someone I drove a turbo diesel Mustang, and I was convinced it was amazing.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Lugging the engine is one of the most common scenarios where you'll have knock, so that's not surprising at all. 6th being as tall as it is is really just meant for cruising, not passing and especially not under 3000RPM.
There was no pinging in my case. Just obvious lack of power.

Now, I do not feel like driving Mustang at 65mph at 6th gear is supposed to be bad practice.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There was no pinging in my case. Just obvious lack of power.

Now, I do not feel like driving Mustang at 65mph at 6th gear is supposed to be bad practice.
Just because you dont hear it doesn't mean it isn't happening, unfortunately. The car will pull timing because of it though and you notice it the most in the low end.

And I wouldn't say it's a bad practice, just not ideal.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Just because you dont hear it doesn't mean it isn't happening, unfortunately. The car will pull timing because of it though and you notice it the most in the low end.

And I wouldn't say it's a bad practice, just not ideal.
I've installed PP2 and this is where I could hear pinging. I eventually had to remove it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Maybe not now, but wait until it's close to 4 bucks again, and premium is a dollar more per gallon, and maybe you will:crackup:.
Given how hard Covid has shat on the economy I'll be amazed if oil prices recover in the next 5 years, let alone rise to that level again.

Takeshi

Threads
Reaction score
United States : Cali land of the $1 Gas Tax
First Name
Alias: Takeshi
Vehicle(s)
2019 Liquid Shadow 401A PP1 MagneRide Borla ATAK
Given how hard Covid has shat on the economy I'll be amazed if oil prices recover in the next 5 years, let alone rise to that level again.
Let's not underestimate how California can state tax 50.5 + 3.2 cents on gas recently, it's still going strong :cwl:.

Sponsored

Grabber Lime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
if you can't afford the 93 and want to cheap out on 87.. you bought the wrong car

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
if you can't afford the 93 and want to cheap out on 87.. you bought the wrong car
Our cars are capable of handling many different tasks. Mine's mainly boulevard cruiser. But when I lived up North by work trip was 80 miles per day, mostly highway. For that kind of usage 87 would have been fine. Mileage would have been in the mid twenties. It's not about what you can afford or being cheap its doing what is best for you and your circumstances.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Come on Daryl. This would be a really boring forum without the bitching and cryin. :)
By the way you realize that your bitching and cryin about someone else bitching and cryin. :cwl:
:crackup:
True but he has a choice whether to click on it. I didn't because it was in the middle of a thread on a different topic.
Sponsored