Sponsored

Can some one please tell me me when what This code means?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I got this code “P061B” it states “Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Perfromance”

I cleared it with my friends SCT X4. I assume this is tune related I have a custom HP dyno tune but did not have a Device on me. Any one have any more info in regards.
E25708E1-9605-4D1B-9887-F94883C2B289.jpeg
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
This is an IPC (independent plausibility check)/ torque monitor code. This code generally puts the vehicle in pedal follower and pretty much a limp home mode. These codes are usually for safety monitoring, aka something like torque being delivered doesn't match up with what it thinks it should be. These codes can be really complex to diagnose without special tools to read freeze frame data (and even then it's not always clear).

If you have an aftermarket tune on it, I'd definitely think that is the cause. You can clear it like you said, however if it is putting you into a FMEM mode like it would stock, you can key cycle and it should allow you to drive again assuming it doesn't set again right away.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank you. Absolutely seems tune related. Doesn’t seem that serious but also seems like it plus be annoying.
There were a few mentions about the MAF sensor as well, but I would venture to guess it’s related to your tune as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is an IPC (independent plausibility check)/ torque monitor code. This code generally puts the vehicle in pedal follower and pretty much a limp home mode. These codes are usually for safety monitoring, aka something like torque being delivered doesn't match up with what it thinks it should be. These codes can be really complex to diagnose without special tools to read freeze frame data (and even then it's not always clear).

If you have an aftermarket tune on it, I'd definitely think that is the cause. You can clear it like you said, however if it is putting you into a FMEM mode like it would stock, you can key cycle and it should allow you to drive again assuming it doesn't set again right away.
The car absolutely did not go into limp mode. It drove fine just with the service light not the wrench for about 40 more miles until I checked it and cleared it.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There were a few mentions about the MAF sensor as well, but I would venture to guess it’s related to your tune as well.
I mean honestly who knows. I did about 1300 miles since the custom tune and no issues until today. Yes it was a spirited drive but definitely not my first since then. I'll call the shop when they open Tuesday and see what happens with the car. I will say this, the car is getting a Whipple installed as soon as Whipple gets the parts for the blower housing needed to complete the build so either way its getting retuned by a different shop.

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
The car absolutely did not go into limp mode. It drove fine just with the service light not the wrench for about 40 more miles until I checked it and cleared it.
That's good news then. It might be just something in other Ford cars then or the tuner could have tuned off some of the fmem stuff related to that code.
Sponsored