Sponsored

can rev match be turned off

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
FYI from the dealer source book for 2018 Mustangs.

Except for the item about overdrive cancel and grade assist it seems to match how my car's transmission behaves.

Edit to add: The write-up doesn't mention that manual mode in S can be canceled by holding the upshift lever for about 2 seconds.

Note the item regarding the option to start in second in S as an assist in slippery conditions. Interestingly the wet/snow drive mode isn't available in S. :)

[/url] [/IMG]
Sponsored

Last edited:

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Are you going to stop by the dealer about this?

I noticed that shifts when the tranny is cold are also... not that great, lol.
I read somewhere at sometime that automatic transmission shift strategies are adjusted sometimes to help engines and catalytic converters warm fast for emissions compliance. Or, it could be that just like people and engines, it needs to warm up before being at its prime. ;)

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
I read somewhere at sometime that automatic transmission shift strategies are adjusted sometimes to help engines and catalytic converters warm fast for emissions compliance. Or, it could be that just like people and engines, it needs to warm up before being at its prime. ;)
I don't doubt the cold operations are mostly normal, it just seems worse than other automatics I have had. It takes 1-2 seconds to shift from R to D in the cold.
Sponsored