Sponsored

Can anyone verify the ticking noise for Coyote engines?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I cant wait to hear Carlisle this year. It's going to sound like everyone's shaking krylon cans lol.
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
As I mentioned before, there have been a few guys here who had the BBQ Tick, and then tried using 5W30 or even heavier oil to see what happened, and it didn't make the tick go away. Also, if it was bearing clearance and oil weight related, the engine would be very quiet until the engine warmed up and the oil thinned way down. Lots of guys hear the BBQ Tick when the oil is still cold and relatively thick.

And some guys don't hear the BBQ Tick until there are thousands of miles put on the car. Once the tick is there, seems using a different weight oil doesn't help. Could be that some engines are nearly at the point of being out of tolerance when new, and with some miles the bearings wear down just a little bit enough to cause the BBQ Tick to start. Maybe those US Mustangs using 5W20 and driven really hard can wear the bearings enough to get the tolerance into the ticking range. Could be why no Australian Mustangs are reporting the ticking with 5W30 from the factory.
My memory fails me often but from what I have observed on 6G going on to 4.5g is just the opposite.
I’ll get back with you on this...

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
.... Maybe those US Mustangs using 5W20 and driven really hard can wear the bearings enough to get the tolerance into the ticking range. Could be why no Australian Mustangs are reporting the ticking with 5W30 from the factory.
For the record, I'm not sure our cars get 5W-30 from the factory. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

The Australian manual says use 5W-30, but the engine is made in Canada like yours is and it lands here with an oil cap saying 5W-20 on it, just like the USDM cars.

geddy lee

c/o Solar Federation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
For the record, I'm not sure our cars get 5W-30 from the factory. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

The Australian manual says use 5W-30, but the engine is made in Canada like yours is and it lands here with an oil cap saying 5W-20 on it, just like the USDM cars.
I don't think so - Probably Ford puts additives in the factory oil. Plus My car had the tick prior to the first oil change
Sponsored