Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I know the photographer personally, these are real. No reason to photoshop this. This is a euro market Bullitt that's a leftover mule they had sitting around from last year's testing. The euro spec is why it has the safety sensors up front, although this equipment will likely be standard on all 2020 Mustangs. This car along with a regular GT are being used to test a new front bumper that'll either come this year or next. It's rumored these cars could be testing a hybrid setup as well, but that's still up in the air.
Ding ding ding!! Very much all of this :like:

I think the fact this is a Bullitt is likely a red herring. I suspect they just needed a "Euro-spec" S550 development car, and this was the most recent one available (don't forget, this Bullitt was also spotted with a Royal Crimson GT a week or so earlier).

If.....if there's any relevance to it being a Bullitt, it could be that the '21MY GT (I'm not convinced we'll be seeing whatever these changes are for the '20MY, as that's just weeks/month away)....receives the Bullitt engine/exhaust revisions. As mentioned above, the '09 Bullitt upgrades became standard on the '10 GT.........although I'm not totally convinced we'll see that happen again.

Again, the A-pillar gauges would lead you to believe there might be engine upgrades but, again, these could be leftovers from this prototype's original usage. The hacked up front and rear fascias would indicate the lightest of cosmetic changes though (there rear valence actually looks a little like the new GT500 one).

Could these also be hybrid mules? Possibly, but I still think we won't see that until S650/next-gen, despite Ford saying they were coming in 2020.

So, I think this is just a very mild cosmetic refresh for the '21/'22 model years, before S650 arrives for '23MY.

:)
Sponsored