Sponsored

CAMBER ISSUE

tamboRL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
So after getting my 16 GT PP last month and 250miles. i now decided to give her a new wheel and tire. I'm very happy with the 20 x 8.5/0 with 305/30/20 and 265/35/20. after 2 days for using it and 30miles i think the stance finally has settled down. i noticed that the rear driver side wheel has (negative/positive) camber issue. not sure if it is positive/negative but by simply looking you would notice that the stance of the wheel at the rear is not straight its like the bottom part is more flushed than the top. asked a local shop and they said thats how it is because its a sports car and it give more cornering grip. i don't think thats a correct answer. after lowering the car i just had it aligned at the dealer. do i have it re aligned or is there something i should do to correct these.
Sponsored

Edonis13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 CO GTPP
On the diagram below, which matches what you are seeing?

1-2* of negative camber on the rear of the s550 seems to be the norm.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Did you get a print out of the camber degree the rear is at? GTPP is allowed or given a higher negative camber for cornering from the factory, however if you lowed it depending on the springs you should have no problems putting it back to stock settings or even a bit less negative camber. If you want even more play to nearly zero it out Steeda is the only one so far that makes camber arms.

OP
OP
tamboRL

tamboRL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
On the diagram below, which matches what you are seeing?

1-2* of negative camber on the rear of the s550 seems to be the norm.
negative camber

OP
OP
tamboRL

tamboRL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Did you get a print out of the camber degree the rear is at? GTPP is allowed or given a higher negative camber for cornering from the factory, however if you lowed it depending on the springs you should have no problems putting it back to stock settings or even a bit less negative camber. If you want even more play to nearly zero it out Steeda is the only one so far that makes camber arms.

thank you very much, seems that the slight negative camber is right from what they explained to me.
Sponsored