aj37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey Guys,

Just got my mustang back from the shop. Apparently, there was an issue with the VCT system. It looks like they replaced the VCT intake solenoid and phaser bank 2. Just figured I would document it on here and see if anyone else has heard of this issue.

Car is a 2016 GT-PP with 3500 miles which i have had since last September. Its my daily during non winter months. I haven't tracked the car, and have only pushed the car a few times during some spirited drives when I can find some good roads.

I brought it out of the garage when the weather started warming up end of march and drove it for a while with no issue. Then i started getting blinking CEL on startup. After the 3rd time i pulled the code and saw a host of misfire codes, P0316 and P0018. I took it to the dealer and after a few days they called and said they have never seen and issue like this before on a new vehicle. Took two weeks for them to get it sorted. When I picked i up today they didn't have an explanation for what caused it, so I'll just hope it was a freak failure.

On the plus side, I did get a free oil change out of the whole thing
Sponsored