Sponsored

C&D Cover Purports Leaked 2015 Mustang Images

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
I do see your point on that. At this late date i doubt if they are thinking much about it.
Sponsored

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
"However, the Mustang’s 2015 model year will be a long one—as was 1965—and thus, Ford will offer powertrain upgrades in the months after its launch. Updates to the V-6 will be minimal, but we understand that the GT-badged “five-oh” will jump to 500 horsepower."

Well... crap. If this is true, I hope we get information when the order banks open on when these upgrades will be coming, and what the cost will be. I'd be sad if I bought my 2015 GT @ 420-430hp, only to see a 500hp GT roll off the lines a few months later. :/

Where is Mr. Peabody when you need him? :)

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
While we all know that C&D renderings on their cover are off in many ways and Chazcron's are based on spy pics that need not be taken as 100% correct...It's good to hear from the Autoline Afterhours panel (1 from Automobile Mag and 1 from Motortrend) debunk the December cover.
See the very end of Rapid Fire...58:43
http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?p=2691

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and
The "Model" year would be similiar to the original , april 64 to september 65. Think that's where they are going with that.
Yeah, but after changing model years in the spring and summer for years, why would they all of a sudden change to Sept for 2015? Seems like a guess, to me. And a wrong one at that.
Um to be normal again? To be actually able to order the model year during its calendar year?
According to this link:

http://www.phharval.com/home/news-and-media/build-out-start-up/ford-fleet-cars

2013 order banks opened in 12/13/11, just over 2 months before 13 production began.
2014 order banks opened 11/12/12, also just over 2 months before 2014 production and about 3 weeks after 13 orders closed.

If the 2014 goes from Nov '12 to March '14 (assuming order banks were to open on April 17th 2014) that's 16 months.
The 2015 going from April '14 to Sept '15 as you are suggesting (17 months) means for calendar years 2013 through 2015 (note that is 3 full years) there were only 2 model year Mustangs.

Isn't that 49 model years in 50 actual years?

2015 Mustangs won't hit dealer lots until at least Aug/Sept from what I understand. Don't confuse order banks opening with production.

Also new model year vehicles hit the lot anywhere from Spring to late Fall depending on model debuts, production availability, etc. To think the 2016 will show up in Sept 2015 isn't at all out of the question, especially if we see a later 2015 release (likely).

Beastie

Threads
Reaction score
While we all know that C&D renderings on their cover are off in many ways and Chazcron's are based on spy pics that need not be taken as 100% correct...It's good to hear from the Autoline Afterhours panel (1 from Automobile Mag and 1 from Motortrend) debunk the December cover.
See the very end of Rapid Fire...58:43
http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?p=2691
I only watched the snippet after 58 mins. Those guys commenting on the cover rendering being "ungainly" and the actual car being better in many areas.... have those guys actually seen the car? I heard one of them is from Motor Trend, not sure who the others are.

After the C&D shenanigans I'm not sure I trust any of these auto journalists to know the real design.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The veil of secrecy continues!

Did the reveal to the press actually go ahead? If it did, I'm glad no-one has leaked anything (the C&D article isn't a leak, as it's still lots of guessing........despite their rendering being slightly "off". I would imagine they have seen the car but kept the rendering 80% accurate so as not to be accused of an official leak).

However, I'm amazed there hasn't really been any comment at all. Not even confirmation they've seen it.........never mind giving away any details.

I'm still hoping the rumour of the December release is true. The M6G renderings are great, but I need to see the real thing now :thumbsup:
Sponsored