Sponsored

Buying a higher mileage 2018 mustang?

nicoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 challenger RT plus
So I have been trying to trade in my 2015 Dodge Challenger RT for an 2018+ mustang gt for weeks now, and have had zero luck getting the great deals (in this economy) Well today i stumbled on to a 2018 PP1 GT with 40k miles on it. It's never been wrecked and had 2 owners. This is a 6 speed too.. now should i avoid it or do you all think this a good potential buy? Not being sold at a ford dealership.
Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Nothing wrong as long as it checks out on carfax and you have option to buy an extended power train warranty. I am surprised you can’t new. I am seeing quite a bit of leftovers for 20. They should come down in price by March April as the 21 are coming.
if the used 18 checks all the boxes then go for it.

OP
OP

nicoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 challenger RT plus
Nothing wrong as long as it checks out on carfax and you have option to buy an extended power train warranty. I am surprised you can’t new. I am seeing quite a bit of leftovers for 20. They should come down in price by March April as the 21 are coming.
if the used 18 checks all the boxes then go for it.
The one I am looking at is about 26k. The Carfax shows maintenance every 5k. I miss when I could have grabbed a new 5.0 for 27k.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
The one I am looking at is about 26k. The Carfax shows maintenance every 5k. I miss when I could have grabbed a new 5.0 for 27k.
sounds Like a good deal..enjoy and post some pictures here when you pick it up.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I know. Ecoboost cost as much as gt’s did used pretty damn close

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
she looks good and clean.. congrats. Always come back to this site, a great place to find out about quirks, mods and the latest ish.

Did you go for an extended warranty?

OP
OP

nicoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 challenger RT plus
she looks good and clean.. congrats. Always come back to this site, a great place to find out about quirks, mods and the latest ish.

Did you go for an extended warranty?
I think I can still pick up an extended Ford warranty. The trans likes to lock out 3rd gear in spirited driving so it's off to a ford dealer tomorrow.

Cplennon17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I think I can still pick up an extended Ford warranty. The trans likes to lock out 3rd gear in spirited driving so it's off to a ford dealer tomorrow.
Known issue, shifter is body mounted so under spirited driving 3rd lockout is common. Either need a blowfish shifter bracket to make it trans mounted (function as 1 unit now) or upgrade to a better shifter (MGW, Barton)

Sponsored
OP
OP

nicoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 challenger RT plus
Known issue, shifter is body mounted so under spirited driving 3rd lockout is common. Either need a blowfish shifter bracket to make it trans mounted (function as 1 unit now) or upgrade to a better shifter (MGW, Barton)
that's why I wasn't too worried about it when I experienced it during test drive. I am still taking it to a Ford dealer tomorrow to get the trans looked at in case there is more wrong with it. I plan on doing an mgw shifter this summer.

Cplennon17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
that's why I wasn't too worried about it when I experienced it during test drive. I am still taking it to a Ford dealer tomorrow to get the trans looked at in case there is more wrong with it. I plan on doing an mgw shifter this summer.
Don't blame you at all, I would do the same! Helping out just making sure you knew :)

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
some early 2018 manuals came with weak shift forks. They were redesigned and used for assembly starting on the 2019s I think. Maybe some late 2018's got the new parts. Double check your build date and run it by the dealer. They should know.

But if its made it to 40k miles, I think it'll probably be okay.

Just something that should be on your radar.
Sponsored