Sponsored

Buyback help!

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1, 401A, 10R80, Magneride, Active exhaust, Oxford White
So i opened a case with Ford about my car as told by the dealership. Regional manager called me the next day explaining that my car was denied for a buyback. Due to my service records, which really pisses me off because i have informed the dealer each and every time something goes wrong, and what exactly i find. They cant get me in until Jan 9th, so obviously my car has not sat there for the 30 day or more mark.

I spoke with another service writer, he said to bring the car in and that they "should" be able to work it in within a couple days. My big question with this is, if i dropped the car off and they are in fact able to get it worked in, having found metal in my cylinders, would they continue to work on it, or put it off until my scheduled date? The RAV manager said that they can't let the car sit there until then? The whole process is confusing to me because i have documented MULTIPLE problems, having the same issue with my door/window, and the dealership doesnt seem to give two shits. Im truly at the point of never wanting another ford product EVER due to their lack of customer care, and me and my entire family have owned almost nothing but ford.

So just wanted to get some advice from anyone that's maybe gone through this or is going through it. Do i bring a lawyer into it? Is the problem Ford, or the dealership? The car is my daily driver so it will continue to be driven and keeps having issues, but seems like im left to deal with them until Jan 9.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
So i opened a case with Ford about my car as told by the dealership. Regional manager called me the next day explaining that my car was denied for a buyback. Due to my service records, which really pisses me off because i have informed the dealer each and every time something goes wrong, and what exactly i find. They cant get me in until Jan 9th, so obviously my car has not sat there for the 30 day or more mark.

I spoke with another service writer, he said to bring the car in and that they "should" be able to work it in within a couple days. My big question with this is, if i dropped the car off and they are in fact able to get it worked in, having found metal in my cylinders, would they continue to work on it, or put it off until my scheduled date? The RAV manager said that they can't let the car sit there until then? The whole process is confusing to me because i have documented MULTIPLE problems, having the same issue with my door/window, and the dealership doesnt seem to give two shits. Im truly at the point of never wanting another ford product EVER due to their lack of customer care, and me and my entire family have owned almost nothing but ford.

So just wanted to get some advice from anyone that's maybe gone through this or is going through it. Do i bring a lawyer into it? Is the problem Ford, or the dealership? The car is my daily driver so it will continue to be driven and keeps having issues, but seems like im left to deal with them until Jan 9.
Research your state's lemon law criteria. If you think your case meets the criteria then I'd push for a lemon-law (buy-back). If you still have issues dealing with Ford, consult with a lawyer. Usually 30 minutes is free. Might need to take the case to court if indeed it is a lemon law car and the buy-back was not approved. Or, try a different dealership (or several). I had to take my car to a couple dealerships before they finally acknowledged the ticking sound was engine related and they diagnosed further for a new engine.

Good luck.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT

Research your state's lemon law criteria. If you think your case meets the criteria then I'd push for a lemon-law (buy-back). If you still have issues dealing with Ford, consult with a lawyer. Usually 30 minutes is free. Might need to take the case to court if indeed it is a lemon law car and the buy-back was not approved. Or, try a different dealership (or several). I had to take my car to a couple dealerships before they finally acknowledged the ticking sound was engine related and they diagnosed further for a new engine.

Good luck.

OP
OP
howlins550

howlins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1, 401A, 10R80, Magneride, Active exhaust, Oxford White
**QUICK UPDATE**

Just spoke with a lawyer, he definitely thinks I have a case for this. Sending him my documentation for review.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Do a lemon law search on the internet for your state. Maybe Ohio is a no fee to you. And since you tried to be reasonable with those at Ford and all you got in return was resistance, let the lawyer go to it now.
Sponsored