Sponsored

Bump steer and roll center

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hopefully this all makes sense. Car is a PP1 street driven DD and sometimes taken reasonably fast over long stretches of rough/uneven tarmac. It's lowered F 7/8" R 1/2".

Lateral link and tie rod angles are at almost identical angles (can't pic a difference by eye) so technically it appears bump steer shouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately I don't have the expertise to measure how much the roll center has changed and whether it's worth correcting, and I also don't know exactly what the correlation is between tie rod/lateral link angles relative to roll center change when lowering ie whether tie rod/lateral link angles are a very good indicator of whether the roll center has changed enough to warrant correcting.

If I now correct the roll center with an extended ball lateral link it'll change the angle of the link from stock and then possibly need a bump steer kit. So the options seem to be either assume that if the lateral link and the tie rod angles are super close the roll center hasn't moved much and it's not worth correcting, or just install a new lateral link and bump steer kit.

Also assuming the amount of roll correction is relative to the amount of lowering ie more lowering = more tension link ball height required does anyone know what amount of lowering the Steeda extended ball height is optimised for?

Can any of the suspension enlightened folks on here advise?

TIA
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Let me run this by our tech team ... stand by.

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Please send me your email to tim @ steeda

Thank you,