Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
I've always been interested in the topic of restoration, and YouTube has provided tons of very interesting channels to view. Getting to see people find older vehicles, and fix them up beautifully.

What's very interesting to me, is the process of stripping a vehicle down to it's bare, rusted shell, and watching all the metal work that goes into making the structure sound again. There are many companies that make replacement parts for auto shells, from floor and trunk pans, to doors, roofs, sills, etc. Watching someone cut-out and then weld-in replacement panels, getting them aligned, and removing the tin-worm is very satisfying to watch.

But.

I've always wondered.....

Could you build an entire car's shell/unit-body from replacement body parts? And in years and years, I've never seen anyone even attempt it. But, now I am getting to watch just such a happening. I just think this is the coolest thing. It will be a brand-new 1965 Mustang when it's done.

Yes, an original body could be stripped, dipped, blasted, cut, patched, etc. But it's never going to be as good as starting over with truly fresh panels. There's always areas that can't be reached and made perfect inside the unit-body.
Sponsored