Sponsored

Build Week 05/11

Crush64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order -- 2015 GT premium fastback CO
My car is still awaiting shipment with an EDD of 6/1. It's been that way for a week. Glad it built but uggggh the wait!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just got an update from my dealer...

My car was in Newcastle, PA on the 18th and is on it's way to Jessup (I assume MD) where it will be offloaded to a truck. ETA as of the 18th according to him was the 23rd - 25th. I'm still holding out hope for Friday the 22nd though as it would be great to have it before the long weekend.

figmentsas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
My car is also still in awaiting shipment state since 5/9. EDD still shows 5/29. I thought things would be moving along, but no status change for 11 days.

OP
OP

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My edd just slipped to 5/26. I feel like it has to be here before that since it is only a couple of hour drive from here...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
I have a feeling that from here on out its just going to show up and tracking is useless. I asked my dealer about the CSX number and he looked like a deer in headlights..... "What CSX railcar number, they don't give those to us" Either he's telling a lie or is really clueless. I asked him about prep and body panel alignment issues and he said they haven't seen any problems like the ones posted on here. I have already started looking for a backup vehicle just in case.

Sponsored

Capt_Vic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red EB 50th Annv, 1998 F-150
Rail Car #

I asked my dealer the same thing and got the same answer. He said they don't get that information. Says they will get an update when it arrives at the end rail yard before getting on a truck for the last leg of the journey.

OP
OP

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm on I 95 now I'm just south of DC and see lot of car carrier trucks going southbound with cars on them and northbound empty. I like to think a train full of cars just arrived in Jessup and that is why. I also like it was the train with my car on it and it will be at my dealer tomorrow :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My car is still awaiting shipment with an EDD of 6/1. It's been that way for a week. Glad it built but uggggh the wait!

Same here for me too. Got built on the 11th and all it says is awaiting shipment since. My EDD hasn't changed from 6/1 either and says 10 days to delivery.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
I have a feeling that from here on out its just going to show up and tracking is useless. I asked my dealer about the CSX number and he looked like a deer in headlights..... "What CSX railcar number, they don't give those to us" Either he's telling a lie or is really clueless. I asked him about prep and body panel alignment issues and he said they haven't seen any problems like the ones posted on here. I have already started looking for a backup vehicle just in case.
I asked my dealer the same thing and got the same answer. He said they don't get that information. Says they will get an update when it arrives at the end rail yard before getting on a truck for the last leg of the journey.
Many dealers really are clueless when it comes to these things; some out of ignorance, but I'm sure others have other excuses. The dealer I ordered from doesn't even order vehicles directly from Ford apparently.

When I still hadn't received a DORA four weeks after placing my order, I contacted the dealer with the intention of cancelling the order. My dealer did not have access to my order information. Instead, he showed me an email chain where he sent the order (apparently 5 pages of information) to someone at "tpsauto" (eleven days after I placed my order, but that's another rant). He then requested my order number from them to facilitate tracking. They responded to him about two hours later with my VIN, which traces to me and my dealer on COTUS.

I'm not sure who or what "tpsauto" is (Google doesn't know either, and the domain name is parked at GoDaddy with no associated web page), but it seems like they play middleman between my dealer and Ford. I suspect this may be the case for other dealers as well.

Crush64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order -- 2015 GT premium fastback CO
Same here for me too. Got built on the 11th and all it says is awaiting shipment since. My EDD hasn't changed from 6/1 either and says 10 days to delivery.
That makes 2 NY cars and mine going to MA that are still awaiting shipment. I bet the 3 cars will be traveling together. Im hoping to get her before the mustang show in CT in mid June. Would love to drive her down.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Apparently my car arrived in Jessup MD yesterday so it is now a matter of them unloading it and trucking it down to the dealer (I bet I was right about all the car carriers on I-95 in my post yesterday :) )

Guess it is just luck of the draw on them unloading it and putting it on a truck at this point and that is what will determine a delivery today/tomorrow/Sunday/Tuesday....

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Apparently my car arrived in Jessup MD yesterday so it is now a matter of them unloading it and trucking it down to the dealer (I bet I was right about all the car carriers on I-95 in my post yesterday :) )

Guess it is just luck of the draw on them unloading it and putting it on a truck at this point and that is what will determine a delivery today/tomorrow/Sunday/Tuesday....
Sure would be nice if mine were in that group... I expect mine on Wednesday in Gaithersburg.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That makes 2 NY cars and mine going to MA that are still awaiting shipment. I bet the 3 cars will be traveling together. Im hoping to get her before the mustang show in CT in mid June. Would love to drive her down.
Yeah I'm hoping it comes in on june 1st my eddie hasn't changed at all since the blend date.

OP
OP

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Heard back from my dealer. I'm told that no trucks were expected from Jessup to them today. They have one coming in tomorrow, but don't know if my car is on it. After that, all the trucks are shutting down for Sunday and Monday so Tuesday would be the earliest delivery which is the EDD date I have had for a week or so now.

Capt_Vic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red EB 50th Annv, 1998 F-150
Getting Closer

Dealership emailed me late this evening and my car is about 2 1/2 hours away in South Carolina. From there it moves from the train to the truck. Still sitting on an EDD of 05/30. Dealership says the same thing with the disclaimer of +/- so many days. I'll be traveling 27-30 so it won't matter if it comes in early at this point. Looks like 06/01 will be my realistic closing date. At least its closer to home!
Sponsored