Buddy tune?

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
Ok, I have it coming so I'll go ahead with it.

Do shops just put in a tune or do I really need to but the device.

If so I'll start saving up!:crazy:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diablocoastie

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Would a shop load a tune for cheaper or do I REALLY have to buy the tuner for myself?

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
You have to buy the tuner and do it yourself. It's not hard to do it yourself at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
Out of my own curiousity, have you owned performance vehicles before?

Sponsored

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I get what he's trying to say, he's saying if he can go to a shop or someone that owns a tuner (SCT, Accessport, etc) and for them to load up a tune to his car INSTEAD of him buying the tuner and doing it himself.

To answer your question, no you cannot do that. To my understanding how it was with my old vehicle, the tuner is "married" to your car, so for it to tune another car, the previous car has to go back to stock.

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I get what he's trying to say, he's saying if he can go to a shop or someone that owns a tuner (SCT, Accessport, etc) and for them to load up a tune to his car INSTEAD of him buying the tuner and doing it himself.

To answer your question, no you cannot do that. To my understanding how it was with my old vehicle, the tuner is "married" to your car, so for it to tune another car, the previous car has to go back to stock.
hmmmm
well maybe these guys won't be friends anymore:brokenheart:

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
There's a reputable shop/tuner in my area that did something similar to this. He used HP Tuners to actually Dyno tune the car all while datalogging with a SCT. You're not required to purchase the SCT handheld, just pay them for the Dyno time and tune. Which happens to be a similar cost. However, you do NOT have to go about buying or tuning with the SCT or any other piece yourself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diablocoastie

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Just curious because a buddy of mine has one and wants me to drive 2000 miles so he can put a tune to my car. I'm in the military so that's why I am so far from the friends I grow up with and didn't know if it will work that way. I will eventually get one for my self.

First performance car, NO. First turbo car yes!

Thanks for the lashing, I'll think about it next time I ask a dumb question here again.....:doh:

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Just curious because a buddy of mine has one and wants me to drive 2000 miles so he can put a tune to my car. I'm in the military so that's why I am so far from the friends I grow up with and didn't know if it will work that way. I will eventually get one for my self.

First performance car, NO. First turbo car yes!

Thanks for the lashing, I'll think about it next time I ask a dumb question here again.....:doh:
Yeah, don't drive 2000 miles for nothing. You can't use the same tuning device as your buddy.

Also if you think a question is very "newbish" search the forum first and then Google before asking. Most easy questions are not vehicle specific. :thumbsup:
Sponsored