MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I actually like the bronze better than the silver - the latter (especially in that satin finish), doesn't have any contrast, it's just like one big canvas of matching silver.

I don't hate the bronze, maybe a few other bronze touches (like badges) to bring it together[?] Bronze is tricky in general, to be honest, I really don't like it on white cars which became kind of a design trend.

If you _do_ go with new wheels, get something with some color contrast (like the photos above, the lighter silver + graphite is very cool, and it avoids going with black which is way more common) - or at least go with a finish that provides some contrast like polished.
Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Personally, I don't think bronze goes well with silver at all. We all have differing opinions but bronze looks great on white and a few other colors. I went through many different wheel color combinations before deciding on my wheel. I think silver looks good with a little bit of contrast. Gunmetal and darker colors fit well with silver. I chose "hyper black" for my street wheels but the color really is closer to gunmetal. My track wheels are gunmetal and offer a nice subtle contrast when compared to an all black wheel. Good luck in your decision.

Track setup:

ec7a.jpg

Street setup:

Damn that street setup. It looks killer. Just quickly looked those up. Are they 1200-1300 a wheel?

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear about that, I personally love the Bronze on the silver. Now our pictures are edited a bit to get the bronze to show as much as we can. It is hard to get a picture of the bronze but in person I'm not sure if you've seen but depending on where the sun hits the wheel the color will be different.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brawndo

Brawndo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry to hear about that, I personally love the Bronze on the silver. Now our pictures are edited a bit to get the bronze to show as much as we can. It is hard to get a picture of the bronze but in person I'm not sure if you've seen but depending on where the sun hits the wheel the color will be different.
No prob, the mistake is on me. I've already ordered another set of Velgen wheels, in matte silver. Everyone has their opinion, but the most important as an owner is to like your car, not what others think about it. I've friend fans of the bronze, other telling me to go gunmetal or black, some silver. For me, since it's a 50 AP I don't feel like plastidipping or painting all the chrome so the silver is a safe bet with the Ingot paint. I do admit that now that I've the car lowered it looks much better.

No worries, already have someone who wants the wheels :) Will look great on a black GT.

Moral of the story is don't go Ingot and don't get the 50 years AP if you want some freedom with wheel color.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I want to see more pics! I dont think it looks bad. Once you lower it, I think it'll flow better.

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
I do not like those bronze wheels one bit, especially on ingot silver. I would change them to the Velgen's that you posted, those look GREAT!

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I do not like those bronze wheels one bit, especially on ingot silver. I would change them to the Velgen's that you posted, those look GREAT!
So you like bronze but not the style.

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No prob, the mistake is on me. I've already ordered another set of Velgen wheels, in matte silver. Everyone has their opinion, but the most important as an owner is to like your car, not what others think about it. I've friend fans of the bronze, other telling me to go gunmetal or black, some silver. For me, since it's a 50 AP I don't feel like plastidipping or painting all the chrome so the silver is a safe bet with the Ingot paint. I do admit that now that I've the car lowered it looks much better.

No worries, already have someone who wants the wheels :) Will look great on a black GT.

Moral of the story is don't go Ingot and don't get the 50 years AP if you want some freedom with wheel color.

Cheers,
That is very true, only opinion that matters is the owner of the car. Great choice on the Silver, I enjoy Silver because it gives the car such a clean look and not many people run that. Can't wait to see pictures :cheers:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I actually like bronze on ingot. I didnt think i would until i saw an ingot with them. I believe it was a vendor. But it was awhile ago so i cant quite remember.
Sponsored