Bronze on Silver GT Regrets

Brawndo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Although my car is not yet lowered (I'm getting the springs installed Monday), when I picked up my car after the install I immediately had some regrets. I tried to like it but there's just something that is ticking me the wrong way.

The wheels look great by themselves, great quality wheels and finish, however I'm about ready to order a set of VMB6 in mate silver (These are VMB7), I've a friend with a black mustang that is ready to purchase the bronze ones from me, and we think it would look great on a black GT.

I'm colorblind perhaps it's just me but I just can't seem to like the combo.

Before I switch them to silver ones, just wanted to know what you guys feel about this unorthodox combo? Perhaps it's all that chrome from the 50 AP and the fact that it's not yet lowered that is messing up everything i don't know. :shrug:

I don't need anyone to "decide" for me, I'm just curious of what are your thoughts guy. Thanks

My Car

http://i.imgur.com/fSm56t7.jpg

fSm56t7.jpg

fSm56t7.jpg

Reference Picture I used before pulling the trigger

Vortech-Mustang-GT-Velgen-VMB7-Bronze-1.jpg

Reference Picture I'm using to pull the trigger on VMB6 Silver

2015-Mustang-GT-Velgen-VMB6-8.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
It's all HDR smoke and mirrors.

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
The bronze looks better on your car than the matte silver. The matte silver has no vibrance in that color. It looks fine on ruby red or deep impact blue. Those colors pop so I feel silver wheels looks fine with them. But on your car color, i feel the bronze looks better than silver. If you change to silver wheels then they look too much like your paint color. But thats just me, I dont like silver on silver. And I have glodd bronze HRE FF01s and I love the color.

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Their pic is edited quite a bit and the bronze pops more than the ones on your car.

I'd have gone silver or their gunmetal, as I am also thinking of some velgens(new 5s) for my white car.

I will say this, if you are second guessing it now then every time you look at the car it will be the same thing. I have been like that with the stripe color i chose for my car since the day I had them installed. Next month I am having them changed.

Edit: Here is an unedited picture(I think) of their silver. I think it shows the color of the wheel more accurate than the one you have above

28556544366_ea48e4d878_h.jpg

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I am also going with the VMB6 in silver for my ingot. I like that clean fresh balanced look.

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
I can't seem to see your photo, I'm actually contemplating right now if I want to have my wheels powercoated bronze

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Copy his imgur link and paste it in a new tab

OP
OP
Brawndo

Brawndo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Their pic is edited quite a bit and the bronze pops more than the ones on your car.

I'd have gone silver or their gunmetal, as I am also thinking of some velgens(new 5s) for my white car.

I will say this, if you are second guessing it now then every time you look at the car it will be the same thing. I have been like that with the stripe color i chose for my car since the day I had them installed. Next month I am having them changed.
I agree about the picture being edited quite a bit, since mines look darker and they don't really pop at all.

And you're right that I'm second guessing every time I look at my car, My OCD kicks in pretty hard. Thanks for the picture.

I am also going with the VMB6 in silver for my ingot. I like that clean fresh balanced look.
Yes, that's why I'm going Silver as well, I don't want to second guess myself again, and while I'm sure gunmetal would look pretty decent, this is a safe bet.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I think silver GTs look best with black or silver rims. Of the pics you posted (the ones I can see anyway) the Mustang with the VMB6s looks best imo.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Not a fan of bronze rims in general. I would go with a gunmetal or machined finish if it was my car. Silver on silver could very easily look like a bad attempt at matching paint.

JCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 400a Magnetic
First post here, woohoo.

Anyway, personally, I think darker wheels look better on a silver car. I would go for gunmetal myself.

Some thing like this

19876597508_6bca7c2de2_b.jpg

DoingOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium, Recaros & PP
Personally, I don't think bronze goes well with silver at all. We all have differing opinions but bronze looks great on white and a few other colors. I went through many different wheel color combinations before deciding on my wheel. I think silver looks good with a little bit of contrast. Gunmetal and darker colors fit well with silver. I chose "hyper black" for my street wheels but the color really is closer to gunmetal. My track wheels are gunmetal and offer a nice subtle contrast when compared to an all black wheel. Good luck in your decision.

Track setup:

ec7a.jpg

Street setup:

Sponsored