Bristol Street Ford: Poor communication

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They could ride home with you using one of their trade plates. Then you could repay their diligence and service by telling them to get the bus back :D
And the bus only goes every 2 hours :p
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Gibbo, I'm with the same dealer as you, ordered Feb 2nd sum total of communication from BS (good name come to think of it):mad: is next to sod all..

I've had maybe 2 emails, and that's it...... Pretty disappointing really, as when I place my deposit they were very enthusiastic.....funny that eh...

Did you order with Ben Salmon?? Is he still there? I can't even be arsed to ring and find out:rant:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Gibbo, I'm with the same dealer as you, ordered Feb 2nd sum total of communication from BS (good name come to think of it):mad: is next to sod all..

I've had maybe 2 emails, and that's it...... Pretty disappointing really, as when I place my deposit they were very enthusiastic.....funny that eh...

Did you order with Ben Salmon?? Is he still there? I can't even be arsed to ring and find out:rant:
Yes Ben Salmon

He is away now but pretty much ignores my emails. I have now being contacted by Phil who is another manager who reads Ben's emails. He says he will sort all for me but has also gone quiet now as well.

Lack of communication is not good. I am going to call them Monday and ask to speak to him and if he can reply to me.

I am being very polite and patient at the moment as I understand its a brand new model, new for all involved and will be some teething issues. But if things do not improve I will be writing a review of the car, Ford and the dealership and right now the dealership won't be getting a great review, but lets see as long as I get my car, they follow my instructions I will be happy. :)

I just wished they would communicate better even if their reply was "sorry we have no update or answer at the moment but we will come back to you" but being met by silence is poor.

I feel bad for chasing, first it was Ben, then I was passed to Michael Hutchy Rowe and now I am passed to Phil, fingers crossed Phil will sort it all. :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

An update, Phil the other manager has answered all my questions and assures me all will be fine. :)

They have to fit a front plate, but I can supervise or provide my own style of plates to fit.

I am happy with just regular plates and just to stick them on, just do not want the horrible chunky plastic housings Ford supply.

The only thing they cannot do is the OBD kill switch which is fair enough, I can get it done elsewhere. :)

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Where u getting it done?
V8yne is gonna give me a price when he gets back from holls next week

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where u getting it done?
V8yne is gonna give me a price when he gets back from holls next week
Same guy as you most likely, or anyone who knows what they are doing.

When are you gonna fit your spacers? Be cool to see how they look on a stock ride height UK car.

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
I'm picking my mine up on Saturday, I requested they don't put front plate on,
If they have I won't be taking car, :)
I’m intrigued to know Ian, did they follow your instructions and did you take delivery of your car?

Hammer Time

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Auto
Hi there

An update, Phil the other manager has answered all my questions and assures me all will be fine. :)

They have to fit a front plate, but I can supervise or provide my own style of plates to fit.

I am happy with just regular plates and just to stick them on, just do not want the horrible chunky plastic housings Ford supply.

The only thing they cannot do is the OBD kill switch which is fair enough, I can get it done elsewhere. :)
Buy law the car has to have plates fitted before it leaves the dealership. My dealership ( John Grose) allowed me to fit my own plates including the sto n sho bracket on the forecourt

00B27D08-7632-4FC4-8947-F819C5A28986.jpeg

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Resurrection of a 5 year old post has to be some sort of record

Oh and John Grose Ford in Ipswich and Woodbridge are by far the best Ford dealer in the land IMO. Dealt with them many times and always brilliant. Unlike the Cowboys in the Midlands area and I've tried a fair few of them.

Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
And did gibbo205 ever manage to get that slapper to stop scratching the front of the car?

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Resurrection of a 5 year old post

Unlike the Cowboys in the Midlands area and I've tried a fair few of them.
Generalizing won't help those Midlands based owners.

Perhaps, call-out the "cowboys" specifically.
I'll start.
Do not go to MAP!!!

Conversely, in my experience, Jacksons Ford of Henley in Arden, are an exceptionally good Ford franchise, who have a hard earned & successful motorsport performance backround.
Courteous, knowledgeable & professional.

I've taken my Mustang to them & would not now take it anywhere else. And I'm flippin fussy!!!
:like:

Last edited:

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Generalizing won't help those Midlands based owners.

Perhaps, call-out the "cowboys" specifically.
I'll start.
Do not go to MAP!!!

Conversely, in my experience, Jacksons Ford of Henley in Arden, are an exceptionally good Ford franchise, who have a hard earned & successful motorsport performance backround.
Courteous, knowledgeable & professional.

I've taken my Mustang to them & would not now take it anywhere else. And I'm flippin fussy!!!
:like:
Can I ask what’s the issue with MAP ? I’ve seen positive reviews for them on here and was contemplating the tune from them