Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was always into pocket watches, but I got an urge for a wristwatch about 3 1/2 years ago and Omega has such a storied history, I had to have one. I went with a medium sized Constellation because of it's classic retro style. I like the way the band blends into the case. Didn't want one big enough to poke my eye out and I can't focus on all the extra doo-dads anyway. Time-date and it keeps great time. Loses about 3-5 seconds a day consistently.

IMG_4772.jpg
Beautiful watch. Accuracy is within limits for a certified chronometer.

COSC-certified chronometers must accurate to within -4/+6 seconds a day
Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Anything Patek has value. Many times they were understated, simple but classy watches, but the brand has a strong following and significant history. Research what you have and you may enjoy having it even more.
It's a Disco Volante. The insurance company had an appraiser put a value on it years ago and it wasn't life changing or something, but still a chunk of money for sure. Just not like Nautilus money lmao.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Okay so you guys really fueled my desire. I went to an AD today and I got to see some of the Breitling Navimeters and Tudor Black Bay 58s in person the ones I want are both sold out! They had the blue one but it was only on display

The salesman told me that the specific Blue Tudor 58 that I wanted was back ordered for 3 months lol I guess they are really popular. I put down a refundable deposit so I can get one around June when I graduate.

The Breitling isn't in super high demand right now so I'll hold off and get it later in the year or maybe next year. They offered me a good deal for it, $3.2k.

Thanks for your help guys! I'm really excited to add them to my collection and start wearing them.

That TAG Heuer is just a POS im just going to throw it away, I spoke to him about automatic watches and its nothing like how my TAG Heuer works.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Okay so you guys really fueled my desire. I went to an AD today and I got to see some of the Breitling Navimeters and Tudor Black Bay 58s in person the ones I want are both sold out! They had the blue one but it was only on display

The salesman told me that the specific Blue Tudor 58 that I wanted was back ordered for 3 months lol I guess they are really popular. I put down a refundable deposit so I can get one around June when I graduate.

The Breitling isn't in super high demand right now so I'll hold off and get it later in the year or maybe next year. They offered me a good deal for it, $3.2k.

Thanks for your help guys! I'm really excited to add them to my collection and start wearing them.

That TAG Heuer is just a POS im just going to throw it away, I spoke to him about automatic watches and its nothing like how my TAG Heuer works.
Congrats on placing your order. 3 month backorders is nothing the the Rolex/Tudor world. It will go really fast.

Breitling and Omega do not seem to have the supply issue that Rolex/Tudor have.

Before you dump the Tag, bring it in to the AD. At least confirm if it is real or fake. Of course, if its fake, dump it. It not see if it is worth servicing.

Sponsored

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red

3k for a Navi? Shit, they’re giving them away.
Check out Bobswatches.com Looks like they have someBlack Bays in stock, but as mentioned above, 3 months isn’t a long wait at all.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was just on David’s site and saw these. This is just FYI as I have not bought from him before.

https://davidsw.com/product-category/watch/tudor/black-bay-58/

Here’s Bob’s as well

https://www.bobswatches.com/tudor/black-bay-1.html#/perpage:90
Thats so weird, the Blue Black Bay58 is actually more on those websites than MSRP. The salesman told me that some people are scalping it because the production is low, and they are hard to find. Even the NATO band is 4k when its like 3.3k.

David has the one I'm getting but again its about 1k higher in price which is interesting.

This is the Tudors website https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-fifty-eight

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3k for a Navi? Shit, they’re giving them away.
Check out Bobswatches.com Looks like they have someBlack Bays in stock, but as mentioned above, 3 months isn’t a long wait at all.
Yeah $3k is pretty good for it. Just checked out the site surprisingly they didnt have the specific Breitling I wanted (its called a Navimeter 41 Automatic) but I did see the Black Bays. It looks like the one I wanted is an extra $1,000.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Love this thread. One day I’d like to pick up an Omega SuperOcean and/or Breitling Chronomat. Mmmmmm to dream. NOT selling my car to do it though.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Was just on David’s site and saw these. This is just FYI as I have not bought from him before.

https://davidsw.com/product-category/watch/tudor/black-bay-58/

Here’s Bob’s as well

https://www.bobswatches.com/tudor/black-bay-1.html#/perpage:90
I've bought by count 8 Rolex watches from David over the years since he started in business 11 yrs ago. Well before he had the bricks and mortar store. I just bought a rose gold Datejust 41 this past week from him.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
DavidSW is supposed to be one of the best non-AD dealers in the country. Haven’t bought from him but heard a lot of good things. I bought several watches from Nashvillewatch.com and Takuyawatches.com, they were great to deal with and watches were as described. Have to admit that I was very nervous about my first purchase, wiring some guy with a website a lot of money but I had people I trust assuring me that they were legit and it was true. Bought my first two at authorized dealers, which is of course 100% peace of mind purchase, but the problem these days is that it is really hard to get the “hot” watches through authorized dealers (endless wait lists etc.) but that is a whole different topic. Tudor definitely easier to get.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I'm more of a midlevel watch guy, Tissot is a favorite of mine.

Some watches, though are shocking. The latest I saw to make my jaw drop:

g?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvPLPoTrV-LV-RJUtEPOjbGP4kZLPi4NqP4C0DClrjFxFqlUvCwV0V73DOGKYiCBbaufuE5Pc&usqp=CAE.jpg

$1,690,000.00.......pre owned.
Holy shit............
The Patek Philippe is one of the easiest to repair / clean and oil . Now the Piaget / that’s a different story
Sponsored