Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Rolex, Tudor, etc are high quality but not unique. The likes of Patek Philippe, Ulysse Nardin, Breguete, Vacheron Constantin....bring high quality and a generally less accessible marque (normally not sold in airport duty free stores). There are also very small family boutique brands off the beaten track which, though they don't have the Genève seal, are arguably the highest quality. Not taking away from the others, but uniqueness is the separator.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Sponsored

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
My Christmas gift to myself this year :)

Speedy Sapphire!
IMG_20191231_101219.jpg
Such a classic. Great choice! Whenever I seriously consider buying this watch, I’m always torn between the sapphire and hesalite.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Such a classic. Great choice! Whenever I seriously consider buying this watch, I’m always torn between the sapphire and hesalite.
Sapphire is the way to go, that way you get the clear back and can see all the workings.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’m in the shallow end of the pool with this.. my “nicest” watch could probably be bought 3x before the “cheapest” watch in the thread hahaha.

upload_2020-1-4_21-19-24.jpeg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sapphire is the way to go, that way you get the clear back and can see all the workings.
Depends on what you are looking for. For me I want the classic moonwatch. That means Hesalite. There are no wrong choices when it comes to a Speedy.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in the shallow end of the pool with this.. my “nicest” watch could probably be bought 3x before the “cheapest” watch in the thread hahaha.

upload_2020-1-4_21-19-24.jpeg
Still a nice watch. I was able to purchase the speedy because I sold all of my watches (11) for one good one.

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
Rolex, Tudor, etc are high quality but not unique. The likes of Patek Philippe, Ulysse Nardin, Breguete, Vacheron Constantin....bring high quality and a generally less accessible marque (normally not sold in airport duty free stores). There are also very small family boutique brands off the beaten track which, though they don't have the Genève seal, are arguably the highest quality. Not taking away from the others, but uniqueness is the separator.
I like a few pieces from Patek and Audemars. Not a fan of Breguet — there really is no short version as to why.

AP and Patek will fuck you a new asshole for sure when getting them serviced.

I have a love-hate relationship with Rolex. They’re undeniably great, but attract the worst people. The only positive side effect of that is, it’s always easy to get your money back from a Rolex because there is never a shortage of assholes that want one.

My next piece will most likely be a Jaeger Lecoultre reverso. Undecided on specific model.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
AP and Patek will fuck you a new asshole for sure when getting them serviced.
Don't they all? A lot of folks do not understand the service cost of "luxury" watches. I've never serviced any of my Seiko 7S36's or ETA 2824's. Omega's and Breitling's, Oy!!!

My next piece will most likely be a Jaeger Lecoultre reverso
Very nice, please post it when you decide. I do not play in your rarified air. My next and most likely purchase will be my Speedy Moonwatch.
Sponsored