Brakes & Brake Pedal Noise Issues

JMC813

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang GT PP
I've got two issues that have been annoying me lately, and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced / fixed this. Car has about 10k miles on it.

First issue, my pedal makes a "squish" sound when I push it in. Like walking it wet shoes kind of noise. It started about a month ago, but is noticeable to feel as well as the noise. Is this just as simple as needing to lube up the spring? I don't feel any pressure issues, so I don't think it's air in the line or anything like that. More of an annoyance than anything else..

Second, and speaking of annoyances, my front brakes are obnoxious. They screech like they're metal on metal at times, but I've had the guys at Ford take a look, as well as checked myself, and they're not warn down or show any indication that the pads would need change. Furthermore, it's only in the 30-60% braking range, and seems to not be related to hot or cold. Any idea on what could be the problem? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

slingshot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
i have the exact same problem with my brakes. they screech like a mother. ford took a lookk at it and said theres no problem with the brakes i cant figure it out.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Lots of people have problems (if you want it call it that) with the PP brakes being loud. The best way to deal with that is to get different pads. That being said, I got my rotors and pads replaced with identical OEM parts and they're quiet as can be, at least for now. My original set didn't start squeaking until they were about 10k miles in.

OP
OP

JMC813

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang GT PP
Lots of people have problems (if you want it call it that) with the PP brakes being loud. The best way to deal with that is to get different pads. That being said, I got my rotors and pads replaced with identical OEM parts and they're quiet as can be, at least for now. My original set didn't start squeaking until they were about 10k miles in.
Very interesting to hear multiple PP people have the issue. I was thinking about replacing the pads to solve it, just such an odd thing to replace good brakes haha. Thanks for the info!

Sponsored

Bonafide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT PP
Check your lug nuts. Torque to 148lbs has taken away the screech for me and others on here.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Surprisingly enough, i really think most people don't have enough torque on the lug nuts. When I switched over to my winter rims, 95% of my brake noise issues went away. But I also made sure to torque them to 150 lb/ft.
Sponsored