• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Indiana Brake Air Deflector Vanes, Version 3

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Version 3 of my brake air deflector vanes are now in production.

These bolt right onto PP1 or PP2 cars. GT350 control arms require tapping the boss holes to M6-1.00.

Version 3 features:
  • 0.080" laserjet-cut aluminum
  • Works with the original OEM plastic deflectors and screws
  • Fits GT350 cars (requires M6-1.00 tap)
  • Fits non-PP cars (with addition of U-bolts)
  • Works with spherical bearings installed into the front control arms
Typical rotor temp with just OEM vanes is 300F after 20 minute sessions. These vanes drop that by typically 80-100F.

Same price as before - $125 shipped USPS Priority within lower 48 states.
PayPal and Zelle accepted.

Deflector vanes before bending

20240314_181600.jpg

Vane after bending (and with spherical bearing bend)
20240315_150837.jpg

Vane installed (spherical bearing)
20240315_145506.jpg

Pilot holes can be re-drilled to 1/4" for U-bolt version
20240315_151359.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
I’m super interested in your spherical bearing bend!

I have the Steeda front control arm tension links with the spherical bearings, the Vorshlag brake cooling deflectors, Vorshlag camber/castor plates (with -3° of camber), and Apex 19x11” wheels.

With this combination I definitely have some clearance issues as the spherical bearings, don’t maintain a consistent upright vertical “centering” of the control arm (I believe that the rubber in the OEM control arms coaxes the control arms to their default vertical centering).

This means that the large brake deflectors can either come into contact with the rim/wheel weight or possibly the brake rotor.

Assuming that is exactly the problem your bend is designed to resolve, are there any adverse affects to this bend? Were you able to do any testing on this?

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I’m super interested in your spherical bearing bend!

I definitely have some clearance issues as the spherical bearings don’t maintain a consistent upright vertical “centering” of the control arm (I believe that the rubber in the OEM control arms coaxes the control arms to their default vertical centering).

This means that the large brake deflectors can either come into contact with the rim/wheel weight or possibly the brake rotor.

Assuming that is exactly the problem your bend is designed to resolve, are there any adverse affects to this bend? Were you able to do any testing on this?
Yes, your description is exactly the problem. Spherical bearings allow the arm to rotate backwards, where it remains. The vane can then hit the boss with welded nut that is on the forward part of the strut. (This unused boss simply makes the strut non-handed. The one on the rearward side of the strut is for attaching the brake line. See photo.) Interference can make it hard to adjust camber plates, or even cause the boss/nut to twist out of the way.

I decided to add a "dotted fold line" across my new version. This is to make it universal for with/without spherical bearing. Normally the rubber bushing holds the arm/vane upright and so there is no need to bend at this line. With a spherical bearing, the vane should be bent 20 degrees, and then full clearance is had everywhere. This line is wider than the typical vise jaws, so making it "dotted" aids the customer in bending it - even across the edge of a table if necessary! Plus the vanes are ready for modifying after installing spherical bearings at a later time.

My 2mm thick vane is thicker than yours, and so it remains very rigid at the dotted line. It cannot be bent in your hands without some other kind of assistance (e.g. the table or vise).

The second photo shows that there is at least another 1" of clearance above the large GT350 rotor, which means it even clears wide 18" wheels.

20240315_145457.jpg

20240315_145249.jpg
Sponsored