Bourbon

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
So far in my 59 years, alcohol has never interfered with ESSENTIAL acts....
cwl.gif

Beer and Whiskey consumption are generally imbibed regret free, but I have been destroyed by Vodka and Tequila enough to waive them off except in the occasional Margarita.

One thing that I will NEVER touch again is Jägermeister........... The thought of it makes me gaag........ Funny Story, I graduated college in the mid 80's and drank myself sick on that swill regularly.... Fast forward to 2016 and while in Seattle, went into a bar in Pioneer square famous for launching grunge bands. They had cold Jager ON TAP.......... Feeling nostalgic, I ordered one up, got it to my lips and promptly threw up in my mouth......... LOL

Did a run yesterday and picked up some Bardstown from their distillery, as well as some Legent, Old Tub, and Bakers from JB, and final stop for Noahs mills, Willet Estate and Willet (in the funky bottle), ALL fine offerings. The Bardstown was remarkably smooth for a young blended Bourbon....

We are going to Buffalo Trace after Christmas for the Tour & such. Hope they have Blantons available that day.
Count yourself lucky then. The past few years if I have one too many, all parts of me are ready for sleep!

BT has a few different tours. If you go in the spring and enjoy gardening, their botanical garden tour is pretty nice. But whichever tour you want to go on, be sure to make reservations online within the first few hours of dates being available. They fill up almost immediately.
Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Count yourself lucky then. The past few years if I have one too many, all parts of me are ready for sleep!

BT has a few different tours. If you go in the spring and enjoy gardening, their botanical garden tour is pretty nice. But whichever tour you want to go on, be sure to make reservations online within the first few hours of dates being available. They fill up almost immediately.
Yeah, my wife made the reservations before Thanksgiving. I've been there to buy, scored Eagle rare for $40........ Haven't opened it yet.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, my wife made the reservations before Thanksgiving. I've been there to buy, scored Eagle rare for $40........ Haven't opened it yet.
Good stuff. EH Taylor is my favorite from BT but love Eagle.

D2BB353D-C7B8-41CF-BF9C-EA92945764E2.jpeg

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
We are going to Buffalo Trace after Christmas for the Tour & such. Hope they have Blantons available that day.
grab a bottle of Col Taylor’s too…that one caught me off guard, and is one of my favs.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Jägermeister is German for "drown in your own puke"

Sponsored

Mitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser; 2022 MT GT/CS DMG
Vehicle Showcase
I visited Buffalo Trace this summer. What an experience.

They open at 9AM and people get there early to visit the gift shop and buy bourbon. There's a long line into a building with 4 registration desks. When you get to the desk they take your driver's license and scan it into a computer that prints out a wristband. Then you can head to the gift shop.

There is a sign at the entrance with "today's offering". They put out a limited quantity of the day's offering in the gift shop, and when it's gone, it's gone... usually by about 11:30AM. I went 3 days in a row and was lucky to get Blanton's, Eagle Rare, and EH Taylor. Weller is their 4th offering. Every day you can buy one bottle per person of Buffalo Trace, but you can only buy one bottle of the day's offering per person every 3 months. When you pay at the register they scan your wristband and record the date that you bought that particular bourbon.

None of their bourbons are available around here so it was like winning the lottery, I love EH Taylor and Blantons.

6FD50A1D-5B03-4F85-B23D-2A078AF31211.jpeg

1B93D916-CD96-4190-9E9F-EF6D36C5831E.jpeg

5C06C7B1-4A07-4B4B-A670-4B466669BD83.jpeg
We did Buffalo Trace years ago. It was one of the best tours we have been on. I liked how they walk you though how to smell what grains are used.

My wife has family in Bardstown so we have been to a few distilleries over the years. Buffalo Trace, Makers, Heaven Hill, Four Roses and Barton 1792 to name a few.

We got to do Barton before they shut tours down at the end of May to focus on production. I have a bottled in bond single barrel that is one of my favorites. It punches way above its price range. So knowing they were shutting tours down we made it a point to go this year.

9D658A5C-DB7F-476B-8FA2-36252CA13DEF.jpeg

38D8E120-EA23-49E9-ADF5-6EB8A648FE84.jpeg

E749F557-9787-4B78-BB97-9332AAE6EFF8.jpeg

E49401BF-2BF8-4C48-A778-4DB1C136E3E2.jpeg

If any of y’all end up in Bardstown let me know and I’ll tell you where to find the best selection of rare bourbons I have ever seen.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I am in bourbon country in KY. I like Wild Turkey Honey a lot
Jim Beam Honey is good too
“Yeah, I got a daughter in the clinic getting cured off the Wild Turkey.” — Cousin Eddie

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
1f943.png

Today marks the 126th anniversary of the Bottled in Bond Act, a crucial moment in the history of bourbon.
1f943.png

Broke out one of my BiB bottles to commemorate this historic act. Having some Henry McKenna bottled-in-bond
bottled in bond anniversary thumbnail.jpg

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm a fan of anything Buffalo trace. I just wish e eryone else still thought it was swill. 3 years ago I could find several bottles of everything they made on the shelves at reasonable prices. Except for Pappy. The one store that does have it now wants 200 plus for a bottle of Taylor, and 90 for a bottle of regular Buffalo trace.

I'm about a 2 hour drive to the distillery but they limit you to one bottle of BT per visit and one bottle of anything else is once every 3 months.

I wish people would go back to drinking scotch and leave my bourbon alone.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'm a fan of anything Buffalo trace. I just wish e eryone else still thought it was swill. 3 years ago I could find several bottles of everything they made on the shelves at reasonable prices. Except for Pappy. The one store that does have it now wants 200 plus for a bottle of Taylor, and 90 for a bottle of regular Buffalo trace.

I'm about a 2 hour drive to the distillery but they limit you to one bottle of BT per visit and one bottle of anything else is once every 3 months.

I wish people would go back to drinking scotch and leave my bourbon alone.
^^^this.

You can get the BT bourbons delivered from Frootbat. Not cheap but you can get them.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would put this up there with EH Taylor or Blanton's
IMG_2918.jpg
Sponsored