Both Banks Lean

Alocoroco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alocoroco
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hi all. Have a 16 GT having issue figuring out lean code. I’ve checked the hoses everything looks tight and solid, replaced the maf sensor and checked the air filter too. It’s still running lean on both banks. It sometimes also stalls when coming to a stop. Auto transmission, the stall doesn’t even feel like one it just dies then has to be restarted
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Check your intake manifold for cracks. A smoke test would be the professional way to find it. Do you have any codes?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
171 & 174
I'd suspect the manifold if everything else has checked out, or one of the associated vacuum lines. But usually you'd see other codes in addition if other items are being impacted. I'm also assuming you verified good fuel pressure?

If you rev the engine up and watch fuel trims on a scan tool, do they get closer to 0 the higher the rpm?

OP
OP

Alocoroco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alocoroco
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'd suspect the manifold if everything else has checked out, or one of the associated vacuum lines. But usually you'd see other codes in addition if other items are being impacted. I'm also assuming you verified good fuel pressure?

If you rev the engine up and watch fuel trims on a scan tool, do they get closer to 0 the higher the rpm?
I haven’t checked the fuel trim, it won’t be oxygen sensors?

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I haven’t checked the fuel trim, it won’t be oxygen sensors?
Doubtful, unless both are severely fouled out (or both banks have severe exhaust leaks but this usually trips another code as well) Is this car modified?

OP
OP

Alocoroco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alocoroco
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

What happens if the fuel trim gets close to 0?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What happens if the fuel trim gets close to 0?
It's supposed to be as close to zero as possible. Lean codes trip at +24% or so. If the percentage decreases at higher rpm then it's indicative of air getting in past the maf

OP
OP

Alocoroco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alocoroco
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
It's supposed to be as close to zero as possible. Lean codes trip at +24% or so. If the percentage decreases at higher rpm then it's indicative of air getting in past the maf
That would indicate a air leak then correct? And if it doesn’t do that then will it be the sensors?
Sponsored