Sponsored

Borla Exhaust - anyones take.. anyone have?

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So at a later date I plan on going with some Borla exhaust. I know there are a lot of other exhausts out there.. I'm wondering if anyone locally has any variant of Borla on their 5OH. if so how do you like it / which one did you go with?

I found this vid which is really helpful.. the comparisons start at 6:01 if you want to jump right to it.

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have the Borla Touring, with Kooks green catted headers and its perfect. Ill make some videos this weekend

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've watched that video a number of times trying to get ideas, lol. Note that the only diff between the Touring and S type is the Touring catback uses a resonator instead of an X pipe. The mufflers are the same part number. The ATAK is a different animal. The Ford racing catbacks all have an x pipe.

I should have S type axle backs installed on my car next week. I will post a YouTube vid and and post about it on 6G about it afterward. There are a lot of videos for the Borla catbacks but not so much for axle backs. American Muscle and CJ Pony Parts both have good videos on their product pages. There are only 2 vids floating around for Touring axle backs on a stock system (most ppl add the X pipe), and there are several of the S type. I didn't research the ATAK.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've watched that video a number of times trying to get ideas, lol. Note that the only diff between the Touring and S type is the Touring catback uses a resonator instead of an X pipe. The mufflers are the same part number. The ATAK is a different animal. The Ford racing catbacks all have an x pipe.

I should have S type axle backs installed on my car next week. I will post a YouTube vid and and post about it on 6G about it afterward. There are a lot of videos for the Borla catbacks but not so much for axle backs. American Muscle and CJ Pony Parts both have good videos on their product pages. There are only 2 vids floating around for Touring axle backs on a stock system (most ppl add the X pipe), and there are several of the S type. I didn't research the ATAK.
Also, I think the FR systems are chambered and the Borla systems are straight through. Product descriptions I've read all over seem to indicate that. There IS a slightly different sound between them.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
I went super cheap on mine, MBRP street, it sounds pretty good, no drone on the highway, 3" cat back, but I'd have to really like the sound to spend another $500+ for something else.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went super cheap on mine, MBRP street, it sounds pretty good, no drone on the highway, 3" cat back, but I'd have to really like the sound to spend another $500+ for something else.
I'm not all read up on exhaust. the 3" cat back fits on the stock down pipes coming off the header then?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
[ame]

OP
OP

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds really nice gsxr1300

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks
It has Kooks headers with green cats also.

OP
OP

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't know if i can afford headers. Do 3 inch cats fit on the stock ?

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Most cat backs are made to connect to the factory pipes right before the resonator.

OP
OP

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roger that. Thanks!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I posted a review of my Borla S type axle backs here. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39582

You know it's there all the time. Honestly if it were any louder it would be too much. I get tinnitus from time to time so I may be get annoyed easier, but the sound is marvelous. I will try to post a video while I'm off on Christmas vacation and have some time.

OP
OP

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! Thanks [MENTION=10883]Genxer[/MENTION]. I believe I've read that review. It prompted me to look into that exhaust further. :)

Grandmarshal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dario
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This was my first choice for a while but after hearing the Corsa Sports i was instantly sold. i highly recommend it.
Sponsored