Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Just received the Borla S type for my 2018 GT. Fit and finish look really good. I did an off car trial run for fitment and slid all the pieces together on the ground in my garage (on a rug) and they are all a nice, snug fit, nothing out of round. Packed really well w/ expanding foam in the box. No way I can get it back in the box like Borla did! The Borla 60661 resonator (which basically makes the S type a touring system) also looks great, with one very minor exception: Inside at the H pipe weld, there's a slight drip of weld fragment. It will easily break off as it's very skinny and 1/2" long. Otherwise, everything looks good.

For those curious, Borla lists the weight of the S-type (with X-pipe) as 52.6 lbs. I weighed it and came to 51 lbs on my scale. With the H-pipe resonator in lieu of the X-pipe it is 55 lbs.

X-pipe w/ adapters weighs 8 lbs, the H pipe resonator weighs 12 lbs. The adapters are built into the H pipe.
I had this kit on my old 2018. IT SOUNDED AWESOME! I want to install one on my 19 with active exhaust cause it's too quiet!
Sponsored

Ian@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
I purchased the Borla ATAK active three months ago and rec'd it a month ago. Your pictures OP are like looking at my exhaust system. I had the same bent tab, I had weld splatter on the actuator mount stud. My welds were marginally slightly cleaner than yours, but still not impressive by any means. Their QC lacks quite a bit of attention to detail. I don't have a problem spending premium for premium. I do have a problem paying premium for sub-par workmanship.

That said, I was a bit disappointed on the loudness of it, I expected it to be louder. Now that I've put some miles on it, I absolutely love the sound. It's like it needed to break in, as it has gotten louder. I actually find myself using the different modes now depending on circumstances.
Hello! I'm sorry to hear about the quality of the system you received. Please contact our Customer Service Manager, his email address is [email protected]. Thank you.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Hello! I'm sorry to hear about the quality of the system you received. Please contact our Customer Service Manager, his email address is [email protected]. Thank you.
If there is one thing I can say about Borla, customer service in the US is top notch. My only recommendation is to include thread lock with the Carbon Fiber tips on the S-Type. I almost lost one but Borla sent new screws and covered my installer dropping the exhaust to install them. I will buy another :)

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I am thinking of get Borla Attak for my 2020 gt. just waiting for a sale going on pull the trigger.
Sponsored