Sponsored

Boost Works 1200hp entry level twin turbo kit? Starting around $6k!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This car has our stock manifold setup with 59mm Precisions. Customer's first time ever drag racing. Went a best of [email protected] on stock engine, trans, and converter. Just a turbo kit, e85, and a tire. Obviously could have gone a little quicker.

Sponsored

Wyldeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 OW Premium
iSpy,. Before I found out how close Beefcake & finish line performance were to me, I had contacted Fred @ evolution performance b/c he had put together a vortech jtb custom package for the new mustang. I was all set to go to have the work done there. Other than a handful of phone conversations & emails, I don't know him, but he is a mustang guy & definitely can build a car. I had the first production vorteh v3 on a S550, he was the first person to post a kit on this platform. Thats what drew me to him.

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
iSpy,. Before I found out how close Beefcake & finish line performance were to me, I had contacted Fred @ evolution performance b/c he had put together a vortech jtb custom package for the new mustang. I was all set to go to have the work done there. Other than a handful of phone conversations & emails, I don't know him, but he is a mustang guy & definitely can build a car. I had the first production vorteh v3 on a S550, he was the first person to post a kit on this platform. Thats what drew me to him.
Only reason I ask is because the google reviews are terrible. I wish beefcake was closer because that's exactly where I would go. Thanks for your help

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
I'm going to keep it professional, but I would not recommend bringing a car to Evolution. I base that off of personal experience with 2 cars.
Yeah I have heard of many issues that I do not want to get involved with. Do you happen to know anyone near Philly who you'd trust to install your kit?

Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Hey Travis I just recently sold my mustang and I am about to buy a 17 f150 with 5.0. Will you have this kit available for the f150 as well. If so please let me know because I want it if so.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey Travis I just recently sold my mustang and I am about to buy a 17 f150 with 5.0. Will you have this kit available for the f150 as well. If so please let me know because I want it if so.
We're actually building one this summer on my partner's '16 F150. We'll probably jig it. I can definitely build one for you.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're actually building one this summer on my partner's '16 F150. We'll probably jig it. I can definitely build one for you.

Awesome is it going to the assembler set up with the turbos underneath love the clean look of it and keeping all that extra heat from the turbos out of the engine bay.

Sponsored

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Guys. I researched about oilless turbos and there was alot of problems back in the day with them. From seals blowing out to them seizing. What is the latest on this technology? Do they still have to be water cooled and are they now reliable?

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Guys. I researched about oilless turbos and there was alot of problems back in the day with them. From seals blowing out to them seizing. What is the latest on this technology? Do they still have to be water cooled and are they now reliable?
Yeah, years ago, the first gen cartridges were based on modified old school journal bearing stuff. They had some issues because the cartridges didn't have enough capacity for cooling and/or grease. Comp did a clean slate design about 2 years ago. Now, the cartridges are all billet aluminum, with 3 times the bearing size, and doublet the cooling/oiling capacity. We have not had a single bearing failure. The ONLY issue we've had was a few turbos with minor coolant leaks upon initial startup. The culprit was pinched o-rings during assembly. Comp made a slight tweak, and we haven't seen the issue again in over a year. Myself, and a few other companies have over 100 of these turbos in service on S550's without issues. We have visited Comp Turbo to see their manufacturing process, and we're confident in their capabilities. We have torture tested them at the Texas Mile for a few years, and have local guys that run them on daily driven vehicles.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
I just picked up a crew cab '17 4x4 F150 5.0 and was going to ask the same question!

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just picked up a crew cab '17 4x4 F150 5.0 and was going to ask the same question!
Just got off the phone with Travis about an hour ago. He's a really nice guy and he told me the kits may be ready by early winter. He said they're trying to start on his Partners truck in about 2 weeks. I'm super hyped though I'm definitely buying this kit as soon as it's available
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.