Sponsored

Boost Works 1200hp entry level twin turbo kit? Starting around $6k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I mentioned that you offer Borg units in your kits to my buddy, is that an up charge for them? Id think not being they are cheaper then PTE. Hes also curious how long of life expectancy you get out of the oil pumps on the guys not running the comp turbos.

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I mentioned that you offer Borg units in your kits to my buddy, is that an up charge for them? Id think not being they are cheaper then PTE. Hes also curious how long of life expectancy you get out of the oil pumps on the guys not running the comp turbos.
Travis mentioned that they usually need to be replaced every couple years I think in this thread somewhere.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Travis mentioned that they usually need to be replaced every couple years I think in this thread somewhere.
I thought he said they were a bronze helical gear some where on here, that they don't fail but wanted to double check incase I'm imagining things.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We can do the Borg units most likely. I just need to fit them. s200 series stuff I'm assuming? Has to be t3 and t04e housings.

The oil pump has a helical bronze gear. They are robust and last for years.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Do you guys do 30 year financing? I mean I can live in my car so it's technically like a mortgage.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
We can do the Borg units most likely. I just need to fit them. s200 series stuff I'm assuming? Has to be t3 and t04e housings.

The oil pump has a helical bronze gear. They are robust and last for years.
Whatever would be equivalent to the 6266s or do you not have any Borgs that are t4 like the 6266s? Or is the pte even t3? I think the idea of the comps just make him nervous.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Whatever would be equivalent to the 6266s or do you not have any Borgs that are t4 like the 6266s? Or is the pte even t3? I think the idea of the comps just make him nervous.
I sell a lot of Comps.. they are pretty solid now.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys, our phones and internet have been in and out of service since Saturday. Comcast is working on the issue, but I didn't want anyone to be alarmed if the phones are buggy and/or email response is slower than usual.

Thanks!

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I sell a lot of Comps.. they are pretty solid now.
I've heard mixed reviews on the comps wheels and turbines being matched well and sometimes under performing compared to other turbos on the market. What are your thoughts? I dont figure youd sell something that is crap but do you find one of your three comp sizes better matched than another for our application? Also any thing on anything comparable to the 6266 in a borg?

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've heard mixed reviews on the comps wheels and turbines being matched well and sometimes under performing compared to other turbos on the market. What are your thoughts? I dont figure youd sell something that is crap but do you find one of your three comp sizes better matched than another for our application? Also any thing on anything comparable to the 6266 in a borg?
All i can say is this....

I had a top mount 62mm precision setup, and went to the BW low mount with 62mm comps and my car hits and comes on much harder.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
We're going to push one on a built engine and test back pressure. With the way we set this up, I bet it'll support a lot more than 1200whp.
Was this ever done? I take it this was with the 62mm? I take it you wouldn't need to push them past their efficiency for 1200s.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.