MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Got my first dent Saturday. :mad: The guy next to me in traffic kicked up a nasty piece of the road. Nailed my passenger door right below & on the crease. :frusty: It's not huge, but made a nice sharp crease & scraped down to the metal.

So, any body/paint shop recommendations?
Sponsored

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
Just a second opinion on the linked thread, I'd try out Linear over Herbs.

After some Yelp reviews and other research I decided to use Herbs. I'll admit right now, I'm a perfectionist. But the work was obviously rushed and *very* shoddy. When I called them out on it, they got very aggressive and very pushy. There were nibs everywhere in the clear coat and a few spots on the edges of the panel with drip runs of paint. Their response was "every car has some blemishes it can't be perfect". When I just said, "I'm not going to argue, I can call State Farm and tell them their pro shop just told me that painting a car without drips and trash under the clear coat isn't possible and they need to pay me to take it somewhere else" everything magically changed. They extended my rent car and had it fixed in a few days.

All to say, end result was fine, but the first swing was awful. And I mean, clearly awful. And they didn't care enough to redo it without me threatening to phone it in to the insurance agency where they just so happened to be a pro shop.

OP
OP
MaxHedrm

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I can see why I didn't find that thread in my search. I left repai and bidy out of my search. :-D

Thanks guys!

Shawn_Allen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt w/ PP
Who did you end up going with? Can you share your experience for us in future need? Thanks!
Sponsored