Sponsored

Bodyshop (insurance) wants to put Xpel in place of my 3M Pro..

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I diy'd a 3M pro on my GT. Hail damage required a repaint. The shop wants to send the car over to a film shop (after a month to cure the paint) to have the film replaced with Xpel.
In the brief sample I saw, and youtube videos comparing them, it seems the 3M product is better.
How is Xpel holding up for you all? Still super glossy? Bug adhesion?
Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
When i was looking at ppf the top line of the line xpel was just that, top of the line. Self healed, was reported to not yellow. I dont have first hand experience but i remember that it was one of my top choices.

You should also see if they will give you the money and have it done by who you want the way you want.

Pulser8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have the full XPEL kit installed on my 16 GT. 20 months in and no problems whatsoever. I've had 3M installed on other cars as well and did not have problems so both are excellent products IMO.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I've got the xpel ultimate on mine and its a god send + the self healing with warm water is like magic, 8 months since fitting and its still a shiny as it was and getting bugs off it is dead easy (although I did have it all ceramic coated and prepped after fitting too)

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I guess I'll just roll with the XPel. I do have a CQ Quartz kit that I think I will finally put on after a month also, and do it over the Xpel.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
make sure they detail the paintwork BEFORE fitting the xpel though as if its orange peel or shitty under once its fitted there's nothing you can do so it needs to be perfect before the film is fitted.

Although it doesn't need protecting under there so just a good buff/polish/clay film then buff polish ceramic the top of the film

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
make sure they detail the paintwork BEFORE fitting the xpel though as if its orange peel or shitty under once its fitted there's nothing you can do so it needs to be perfect before the film is fitted.

Although it doesn't need protecting under there so just a good buff/polish/clay film then buff polish ceramic the top of the film
I may be picking the car up today from the body shop. Wouldn't they polish the paint (or wet sand) before delivery?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
bodyshop will prep spray and if you're lucky clear coat (though probably not) take it to a detailer and it'll be properly prepped like a mirror.
something like this

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They clear coated the paint. Looks NEW. Nice to have my ride back.....

Sponsored

viprklr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Xpel is top notch. I have it on my Denali 2500 Diesel, Audi S8 & my Porsche GT3. Very high quality product.
Sponsored