Sponsored

BMR SUSPENSION'S S550 Lowering Springs: STANCE PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Better pic from today

Sponsored

White_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
16 Base GT M6
Anyone scraped on parking space curbs? I always back in, but my wife on the other hand...I have the stow and show also so i'm afraid she's gonna pull in and tear the entire front end off. This is the only thing thats holding me back from pulling the trigger on these.

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
Most of them the splitter is maybe 1/8" over the parking curb at most, some I will hit if I don't pay attention. Tell your wife to be careful and mindful. It's not that hard to not pull all the way up onto a curb stop.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Anyone scraped on parking space curbs? I always back in, but my wife on the other hand...I have the stow and show also so i'm afraid she's gonna pull in and tear the entire front end off. This is the only thing thats holding me back from pulling the trigger on these.
I always back in as well but have no issues with the Sho N Sto. I did see this the other day but I have no input on how it works. Maybe it is a good fit for you?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/curb-alert-sensor.html

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i make it out of a fairly steep driveway...got within millimeters of a parking curb, but it was a tall bitch. i think you'll be fine.

another reason i went with the sp080 is the drop didn't seem that low, but it also looked awesome

Sponsored

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
I may have missed it, but what are the spring rates for rear drag springs? I'm thinking of going with those and the minimum drop in front on my base gt with stock dampers. Or would performance rears work better? I'm also concerned I'll still have that nose up reverse rake with the minimum drop fronts but I don't want to go too low as this is my year round daily driver with Chicagoland's crappy roads

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I read through the first 21 pages here but not all of the thread. I'm about ready to get the SP080 performance kit. Just to make absolutely certain....these are the springs that are only a touch stiffer than the OEM PP and give .5" drop in the rear and 1.25" in the front. Right? couple questions....

I'm im going to do this "right" what parts will I need in addition to the springs to get alignment 100% dialed in. Adjustable toe links out back and camber plates in the front?

Also...I'm not too keen on permanently modifying anything. Is rather not cut the factory bumpstops. Do you guys (or anyone else) sell a replacement bump stop of the correct size so I can save my factory bumpstops? If not I'll buy an extra set of OEM stops and cut those down I guess. What happens if you don't modify the bumpstops at all, though? You just hit them sooner than you should? I helped a friend put in a set of Steeda progressives and we never did anything with the factory stops.

Thanks

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I read through the first 21 pages here but not all of the thread. I'm about ready to get the SP080 performance kit. Just to make absolutely certain....these are the springs that are only a touch stiffer than the OEM PP and give .5" drop in the rear and 1.25" in the front. Right? couple questions....

I'm im going to do this "right" what parts will I need in addition to the springs to get alignment 100% dialed in. Adjustable toe links out back and camber plates in the front?

Also...I'm not too keen on permanently modifying anything. Is rather not cut the factory bumpstops. Do you guys (or anyone else) sell a replacement bump stop of the correct size so I can save my factory bumpstops? If not I'll buy an extra set of OEM stops and cut those down I guess. What happens if you don't modify the bumpstops at all, though? You just hit them sooner than you should? I helped a friend put in a set of Steeda progressives and we never did anything with the factory stops.

Thanks
Slightly stiffer and you have the drops correct. Each car is slightly different though so don't expect those number to be dead on.

There is plenty of adjustment in the rear for camber and toe. In the front most people are fine with no other parts, at worst you may need to slot the strut holes a little or use camber bolts.

You can buy OEM bumpstops from any Ford parts vendor. They are pretty cheap. Don't waster your money on the Ford Racing set they are 100% confirmed to be the stock bumpers just cut. You don't want to just leave them in there uncut.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.