Yoshi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Explorer ST
Vehicle Showcase
So to start, some background info on my 13 gt. Last year i switched to a 17 short block and fore fuel system with opgs and css, which with my v2 vmp on 79mm pulley on e85 made 730/630 to the wheel through an mt82 with a mantic clutch and 331s. This year, i decided to switch to the gen3 vmp 2650 on 12lb pulley, kenne bell 168mm throttle body, dd149 intake, and a built auto swap, keeping the same gear. I got it back from the tuner and drove her back home just fine. Went to the pump to get some 93 and see what she did on the local dyno since my tuner's dyno was acting up and i didnt really get a number that made sense. I ended up making 695 on 93 and on the 3rd past, blue smoke. Long story short, the rings are toast, most likely due to the fuel since im finding out my area has been having fuel issues lately. So heres my dilemma...my tuner recommends we simply go with a fresh 15 short block with arp head studs and cometic gasket and we pull a tad bit if tining and run octane boosters while on 93, and possibly even change pulley. On e85, ill be balls to the wall, making who knows what, but definitely more than 695. Im wondering if i should follow through with this or go all the way to a sleeved and forged block now. It is double to cost to go with the complete build and i just got through spending around 10k on my last round of mods. What would you recommend? I would think on e85, i would be around 780whp and likely 690 tq. Happy with whatever it makes and don't plan to turn it up.
Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Just go with the shortblock from 15-17 and put it on e85. If you know for sure you dont plan on going past 850 I wouldn't bother with a sleeved/built motor.

OP
OP
Yoshi

Yoshi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Explorer ST
Vehicle Showcase
So we're going with the 15 block with arp head studs and cometic gasket. I also may be the 1st person with a new power adder for the s197. So stay tuned.
Sponsored